Bailiffs coming tomorrow

We have moved house twice since I received the fine so have not had any letters from them. Have explained this to the bailiff but apparently it has gone past the stage of being able to set up a repayment plan.

If you just want to get the debt off your back and not get involved in all the "not allowed to this / that etc" do you have some thing that exceeds the value that you could you use for collateral to get a loan?

They are not willing to wait until the 22nd of this month when my partner gets paid. I have already tried family friends and work, which is why I'm willing to go to a loan shark until next week.

---------- Post added 14-07-2015 at 14:13 ----------

My partner gets paid next week so it would be a loan for just over a week.

give them something tomorrow. and to come back for the rest on the 22nd.

thats the best you can do.

close the doors

close the windows

remove the car (if you have one)

they cant force entry and if they try to force entry, call the police.

No. If I did I'd have already been to cash converters or somewhere with it

make a list of all luxuries, tv , video, fridge freezer anything basically of any value with a note saying they are not owned by you and find someone who will stand up and say they are theirs, it will put them off for a while, they might take walking possesion but it gives you more time especially if you have made an offer to pay in installments.

No. If I did I'd have already been to cash converters or somewhere with it

that seems sensible :loopy:

make a list of all luxuries, tv , video, fridge freezer anything basically of any value with a note saying they are not owned by you

Meaningless - they'll take possession and it'll be the real owner's job to prove they belong to them. Why would someone keep a tele in another person's house? The courts aren't that daft. In your context it'd be fraudulent anyway - and even more fruitless.

Proper professional advice is needed. There's a lot of mindless flapping on this thread.

Citizens Advice or National Debtline.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org

http://www.advicesheffield.org.uk

Meaningless - they'll take possession and it'll be the real owner's job to prove they belong to them. Why would someone keep a tele in another person's house? The courts aren't that daft. In your context it'd be fraudulent anyway - and even more fruitless.

Proper professional advice is needed. There's a lot of mindless flapping on this thread.

i didnt say it was a final solution i said it would put them off for a little while!! and it does work i did it for someone who got in bother and said i had a charge over stuff for work done.

No-one's mentioned Wonga yet, or Ocean finance, or any of those dodgy companies that advertise on the telly.

I cannot believe the amount of useless help and comments on here.

Unless you can actually help this person ,I suggest that certain people should be quiet.

The fact that circumstances have got this person where they are today and all that can be suggested is lock the doors and windows,move the car,take inventory of goods and ask someone to purger themselves.

So have you 'received' that fine (and/or any correspondence, email, text <etc.> at least notifying you of a breach warranting a fine) or did you mean to say 'since the fine was issued'? Your best chance is to have dated proof of your circumstances (two house moves in the relevant period, dig up any paperwork with names/addresses/dates) and a payment proposal (a chunk of the £550 in cash or card, and some form of proposal for the balance based on evidence of your partner's earnings, e.g. last 2 or 3 payslips) ready at hand. That's if they accept that (I'm not certain that they are obliged to accept that).

I suggest you check out what William S Burroughs had to say about people who have nothing to say :)

Did he say bore everyone with lots of waffle without coming up with the actual readies. Did he say that L00b.

Did he say bore everyone with lots of waffle without coming up with the actual readies. Did he say that L00b.
No, my short trolling friend, he said that you'd come out flat, vapid and meaningless. Bang on the money :thumbsup:

Not necessarily true!

Back in the days when I didn't have a brain!! an ex of mine got himself into a spot of bother before he moved in with me, the baliffs turned up one day saying he owed X amount and it needed to be paid by such a date..

When they came to collect (and he didn't have it!!) they wanted to take property! at which I told them all the property except the clothes on his back belonged to me (this was true) anyway I wouldn't let them enter my house and they didn't have a choice. They called the police and when they turned up and I explained to them they also told the baliffs they couldn't enter as it was my property which I owned and I wasn't the one owing the money.

In the end he set up a payment plan with the courts for something ridiculous like £5 a week and paid it off..

But each case is different.

I suggest you just let them in and take whatever to cover your debt and you and the GF start afresh and save for new equipment.