Bailiffs coming tomorrow

have really bad credit but both work so can't get one from credit union.

If you both work then make an offer of repayment. Job done. It doesn't have to be paid in one single payment if you don't have the money.

Don't let them enter your property. Further information here.

They won't let us set a repayment plan up or anything.

They're playing that game. The court would accept offer of repayment, so they should also. They're just being arseholes.

They won't let us set a repayment plan up or anything. Got until 4pm tomorrow to get money or they are bringing a locksmith to gain entry.

have they gained entry and took inventory of your stuff?

see above. call the police immediately if they attempt to force entry.

---------- Post added 14-07-2015 at 13:47 ----------

Then the debt will just rise.. capiche yourself...

im sayin know your rights. or do you just pay any demand that comes through the door or anybody who threatens you?

tssk...

---------- Post added 14-07-2015 at 13:49 ----------

If you both work then make an offer of repayment. Job done. It doesn't have to be paid in one single payment if you don't have the money.

They're playing that game. The court would accept offer of repayment, so they should also. They're just being arseholes.

thanks chris. some good adivic:cool:e there. i would take it.

You may well be wrong.

High court appointed.

It's an unpaid fine that we didn't receive letters for due to moving.

From council. The letter they left and also messages say that the will be bringing a locksmith to gain entry.

Bailiffs are allowed to force their way into your home to collect unpaid criminal fines, Income Tax or Stamp Duty, but only as a last resort.

its the criminal fines bit we are not yet clear on....:confused:

Bailiffs are allowed to force their way into your home to collect unpaid criminal fines, Income Tax or Stamp Duty, but only as a last resort.

its the criminal fines bit we are not yet clear on....:confused:

What we're also not clear on, is what actions (if any) the OP took to mitigate the problem before the bailiffs threatened to come back tomorrow with a locksmith.

A bailiff visit is a last resort, ordinarily it follows one or two 'red letters' and maybe phone calls, bailiffs (Court-appointed or private) never turn up on the doorstep out of the blue.

Edited by L00b

We have moved house twice since I received the fine so have not had any letters from them. Have explained this to the bailiff but apparently it has gone past the stage of being able to set up a repayment plan.

Not quite sure why better advice could not be given .

Move the car,don`t let them in.Thats avoidance not advice.:huh:

Do you have any friends or family that could help you out?

Do you have anything of value that could be pawned?

Have you tried the bank to see if they could allow you an overdraft facility.

If you are unable to obtain the full amount ,but are able to get say 50% as a minimum.I am sure that they will enter into a payment plan .

That way they only come the once.However you break any payment arrangement and they will be back and not only are your bridges burned.But they will not make another payment arrangement.

What we're also not clear on, is what actions (if any) the OP took to mitigate the problem before the bailiffs threatened to come back tomorrow with a locksmith. HC Bailiff visit is a last resort, ordinarily it follows one or two 'red letters', suggesting that the OP has not proposed a payment plan yet.

Jeez Louise, are you lot going to come up with the £550 big ones or are you just going to flap your gums and waste time?

Looking for advice. Does anyone know where I would be able to get a loan for £550 by tomorrow. Bailiffs have been and have given us until tomorrow to find the money before they come back and take goods.

Loan shark or anything really is desperate measures.have really bad credit but both work so can't get one from credit union.

Thanks.

If someone was to loan you the money,how would you pay it back to them ?

They are not willing to wait until the 22nd of this month when my partner gets paid. I have already tried family friends and work, which is why I'm willing to go to a loan shark until next week.

---------- Post added 14-07-2015 at 14:13 ----------

My partner gets paid next week so it would be a loan for just over a week.

We have moved house twice since I received the fine so have not had any letters from them. Have explained this to the bailiff but apparently it has gone past the stage of being able to set up a repayment plan.
So have you 'received' that fine (and/or any correspondence, email, text <etc.> at least notifying you of a breach warranting a fine) or did you mean to say 'since the fine was issued'?

Your best chance is to have dated proof of your circumstances (two house moves in the relevant period, dig up any paperwork with names/addresses/dates) and a payment proposal (a chunk of the £550 in cash or card, and some form of proposal for the balance based on evidence of your partner's earnings, e.g. last 2 or 3 payslips) ready at hand.

That's if they accept that (I'm not certain that they are obliged to accept that).

Jeez Louise, are you lot going to come up with the £550 big ones or are you just going to flap your gums and waste time?
I suggest you check out what William S Burroughs had to say about people who have nothing to say :) Edited by L00b

Not quite sure why better advice could not be given .

Move the car,don`t let them in.Thats avoidance not advice.:huh:

Do you have any friends or family that could help you out?

Do you have anything of value that could be pawned?

Have you tried the bank to see if they could allow you an overdraft facility.

If you are unable to obtain the full amount ,but are able to get say 50% as a minimum.I am sure that they will enter into a payment plan .

That way they only come the once.However you break any payment arrangement and they will be back and not only are your bridges burned.But they will not make another payment arrangement.

its kind of practical. if the OP needs the car for work then having it towed away aint the best outcome.