Jump to content

Bailiffs coming tomorrow

Recommended Posts

Looking for advice. Does anyone know where I would be able to get a loan for £550 by tomorrow. Bailiffs have been and have given us until tomorrow to find the money before they come back and take goods.

Loan shark or anything really is desperate measures.have really bad credit but both work so can't get one from credit union.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bailiffs are allowed to force their way into your home to collect unpaid criminal fines, Income Tax or Stamp Duty, but only as a last resort.


(from .gov website)


that you?


---------- Post added 14-07-2015 at 13:30 ----------


if thats not you, move your car first because they will take it. take control of the situation. if you cant pay them, dont agree to a payment plan you cant afford. speak to them on your doorstep not indoors.


i cant see how they can take possesions if they cannot force entry to home. even with a warrant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



---------- Post added 14-07-2015 at 13:31 ----------


It's an unpaid fine that we didn't receive letters for due to moving. Credit union will only do loans to those in receipt of benefits as that's how they guarantee they get their money back.


a fine from who? council? private company?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they are high court bailiffs you can't hide behind the settee no matter who the original "fine" was from.. it won't go away..it'll only get worse if not resolved..


not saying hide behind a settee..even worse is to agree to something they cant afford.


if they say 'we will pay you next pay day' the bailiff will have to eventually accept that. they cant force way into home, close doors, windows, remove car from driveway. so they cant enforce debt. capiche?


---------- Post added 14-07-2015 at 13:39 ----------


From council. The letter they left and also messages say that the will be bringing a locksmith to gain entry.


cant do that legally, its just scare tactics


1. Bailiffs cannot remove goods in your absence or use a locksmith to break open ANY domestic premises premises - unless - you have signed a COMPLIANT Regulation 15 Controlled Goods Agreement with those goods listed on it.


2. A warrant of control or a writ of control only enables bailiffs to take control of the debtors goods. If a bailiff wants to break open a debtors property, that authority has to be obtained separately. Paragraph 15(1) of Schedule 12 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 and Regulation 28 of the Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.