Recycling. Difference between tins/plastic/paper?

So just seen the bin men.

We have blue bins and blue boxes. One for paper, one for metal/plastic.

I know you're allowed to use each one for either, but can you put paper in with the tins/plastic?

Only asking as everyone on the street seems to separate them, but the bin men today have just been putting the contents of the boxes into one big black bin to take to the lorry.

This isn't a complaint. It's a genuine query.

They empty all the blue boxes into a black bin which, when full, they empty into a different part from the blue bins on the back of the lorry.

So the answer to your question is 'no'.:)

So just seen the bin men.

We have blue bins and blue boxes. One for paper, one for metal/plastic.

I know you're allowed to use each one for either, but can you put paper in with the tins/plastic?

Only asking as everyone on the street seems to separate them, but the bin men today have just been putting the contents of the boxes into one big black bin to take to the lorry.

This isn't a complaint. It's a genuine query.

Were the binmen mixing different materials from different boxes, i.e. mixing up card/paper with tins/glass/plastic?

Around my neck of the woods, we just have one bin for recycling, and everything goes into it.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=798483&highlight=recycling

There's already an extensive thread on the subject here with reference to the suggestion that everything collected gets mixed together anyway and some suggest it all gets put into landfill....................:o

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=798483&highlight=recycling

There's already an extensive thread on the subject here with reference to the suggestion that everything collected gets mixed together anyway and some suggest it all gets put into landfill....................:o

I don't think that it all gets put into landfill, just that it gets sorted out once it's collected.

Were the binmen mixing different materials from different boxes, i.e. mixing up card/paper with tins/glass/plastic?

Yes.

My blue box is for bottles/plastic/cans.

Next door puts paper in his.

It all went together into one black bin and into the truck.

All just mixed together

---------- Post added 14-07-2015 at 12:49 ----------

They're not :confused:

Yes they were.