Air ambulances- who should fund them?

I've seen lots of references to this on the web, mainly from other forums, but not seen anything official stating this?

The RNLI and various air ambulance charities mention it on their websites.

All I can find is this on the RNLI site:

Do you receive any government funding for your services?

​Our lifeboat service receives no UK government funding and less than 2% of the RNLI’s total funding comes from government sources.

I'm OK at using Google thanks.

But one thing Google can't do is link to content which isn't there.

I'm guessing you can't provide any evidence or links?

Why should I need insurance for walking along a path?

Or a horse rider for falling off a horse?

Because they are accidents not illnesses.

The NHS was setup to help people with illness.....not to fund peoples lifestyle choices.

Because they are accidents not illnesses.

The NHS was setup to help people with illness.....not to fund peoples lifestyle choices.

So let me see - the NHS shouldnt provide care for people caught in car accidents?

Or those people on the rollercoaster that crashed - they should have to pay for that too?

What about a shepherd who falls whilst rounding up his sheep? Is he more "deserving" than a hillwalker who needs help?

Or perhaps this evening when I walked over the path round the back to get to the "local" shop, local here being a mile and two field and three stiles away. Should I need insurance for that?

So let me see - the NHS shouldnt provide care for people caught in car accidents?

Or those people on the rollercoaster that crashed - they should have to pay for that too?

What about a shepherd who falls whilst rounding up his sheep? Is he more "deserving" than a hillwalker who needs help?

Or perhaps this evening when I walked over the path round the back to get to the "local" shop, local here being a mile and two field and three stiles away. Should I need insurance for that?

I think that the NHS needs to be there to pay for the treatment for people who are ill instead of a kid who breaks his leg while jumping over a car on a skateboard.

If you want to go rockclimbing in the lake district then get insurance.

I think that the NHS needs to be there to pay for the treatment for people who are ill instead of a kid who breaks his leg while jumping over a car on a skateboard.

If you want to go rockclimbing in the lake district then get insurance.

Why?

I pay my National Insurance already thanks.

Are you going to answer the points raised about car accidents above...?