Fly Tipping Why?

His council tax pays for him to dispose of his domestic waste, not his business waste.

It's not hard, get a skip like thousands of other businesses. I've had building work done, and the builder has dropped a skip outside my house, and presumably included the cost of that in his quote.

---------- Post added 14-07-2015 at 10:17 ----------

So where does the fault lie then? Council or fly-tipper?

You just make out the business waste is your own personal rubbish and take it in the dump in a car , they cant prove otherwise.

---------- Post added 15-07-2015 at 01:40 ----------

You can't lay blame at one party. Fly tippers shouldn't fly tip, that's agreed by all. But the council should really look at its policy at dumpit sites. I come under Rotherham council and when I had my van you could register it with the council (as long as it wasn't sign written) and get a book of 12 vouchers per year for free meaning you could take a van load of rubbish to the tip on average once a month. Maybe this is something SCC should look at.

They still wont let long wheelbase vans in the dumps . you cant get voucher books for LWB vans, yet you could transfer the rubbish out of the van into a car and take it in no questions asked.

The whole policy regarding vans is pathetic.

Obviously the council log and track the cost of dump sites and cleaning up fly tips. So they'll know it's not economically viable to change things, and offer free dumping to business.

You just make out the business waste is your own personal rubbish and take it in the dump in a car , they cant prove otherwise
that really is stupid. He then spends valuable time he should be earning at his building rate, loading and driving to the dump and he tarnishes the family car with building rubble and dust. A real false economy. Many trips v £100 for a skip?

The whole policy regarding vans is pathetic.
yep, but it's a hard one to get right. A line has to be drawn somewhere, else you end up with big vans and lorries turning up which could swamp the dumpit site