Alfreton v owls

green_man

Anyone going? Just said on radio that you are putting all of your first team squad out as he wants everyone to get some pitch time?

I personally think that you huys need to be showing signs of improvement on this one from the last time you played them in order to make a statement so if keep them down to beating you 6-0 and you are on the way up.

Oh dear... :(

... I suppose this is where we get told that it's still very early days and pre-season friendlies don't mean anything anyway... ;)

Well 1.1 it finished so doe's it or doesn't it .!!!!!.

... I suppose this is where we get told that it's still very early days and pre-season friendlies don't mean anything anyway... ;)

Its early days and pre season friendlies don't count :hihi: I would have said the same if we had won 10.0 aswell.

There are two unwritten rules in football - Very little happens transfer wise in May/June and friendly results good or bad mean absolutely nothing and have no reflection on the season proper, I won't particularly celebrate a win nor lament a loss, they are a fitness exercise and a tryout for players/formations/tactics, no more no less.

There are two unwritten rules in football - Very little happens transfer wise in May/June and friendly results good or bad mean absolutely nothing and have no reflection on the season proper, I won't particularly celebrate a win nor lament a loss, they are a fitness exercise and a tryout for players/formations/tactics, no more no less.

Pretty much same here top. Pre-season friendly games are for getting match fitness up and for getting players to gel and stuff. Of course a couple of wins are always welcome before the season starts for the confidence and stuff but you have plenty of games before the first ball is kicked for that to happen.

Players are going to be a little bit slower off the mark after the summer holidays and stuff and no disrespect to Alfreton but players won't be wanting knocks either as out of the 22 players who played, only 11 of those will get a starting birth so everybody will be wanting to stay fit to be in contention.

Alfreton are at a good championship standard as shown in the result today, also Grimsby are better than derby ! :love::loopy: