Does anyone reverse around a corner in 'real life'?

They definitely teach you to pass the test and not to drive. I just said to my instructor today that there's no way I could do half the things I see drivers doing; I've never tried them because they aren't required for the test, such as reversing into a car parking space!

I don't think the reverse round a corner always shows you have control of the car, if my instructors are anything to go by, they just teach you how to reverse in that specific car, like the points to watch on the car and stuff.

i think that isnt entirely true of all instructors though. mine would always say that he was trying to teach me stuff to drive not to pass.. and he did indeed teach in a different way to the instructor i had before him. took a little longer than it probably would have done to pass my test but i and others that have learnt with him have found it easier to drive different cars n stuff i think.

unfortunately i still suck at driving! lol.X

Eh? Reversing into a bay is in the test.

not always, in rotherham our test centre doesn't have a car park and so bay parking is not a part of the test!

learning how to park in a parking space, going into a multi storey car park and parking, going on and off the parkway should be in Sheffield driving lessons, should also have to have lessons or maybe a test for motorway driving too