Does anyone reverse around a corner in 'real life'?

I've failed three tests already and will be taking my fourth soon.

Perhaps it's true what they say; people learn to pass a test then learn to drive after they have passed.

slim, it is a rare occasion that i agree with you, but in this instance i reckon you're spot on..

i was atrocious when i was learning.. i hated waiting for my instructor to arrive, i used to pray that that phone would go and he'd cancel..

through a combination of luck & a transvestite examiner (not sure if this really helped, but hey) i somehow managed to pass first time.. i was an awful driver.. but, 1 week in my own car, nipping about on my own, and i was a lot more comfortable.. i found myself no longer thinking about what i had to do (check mirror, clutch in, into second gear ["where's second gear? where's second gear??], gently lift clutch while applying throttle, etc.) and it all just came naturally.. i wasn't even aware of what my limbs where doing any more - i just thoguht about what i wanted the car to do and it did it!

now i have trouble pulling into spaces forwards - i find it much easier reversing round corners and reversing into bays.. and for the record, i use my mirrors almost excuslively..

now i have trouble pulling into spaces forwards - i find it much easier reversing round corners and reversing into bays.. and for the record, i use my mirrors almost excuslively..

I'm not having a go, but I was sat in my car this morning, and I honestly don't see how you can see everything that's behind the car using just your side mirrors. Aren't you worried you might run over a small child or something?

I've failed three tests already and will be taking my fourth soon.

What a surprise? :D :D :D :D :D

I'm not having a go, but I was sat in my car this morning, and I honestly don't see how you can see everything that's behind the car using just your side mirrors. Aren't you worried you might run over a small child or something?

you can't see everything just using your side mirrors.. that's why i said i use "my mirrors" - as in, all of them!! i just check my side mirrors briefly to make sure i'm lined up with whatever i'm reversing into, then use the rear view mirror to make sure i'm not going to hit anyone/thing..

obviously, there is some physical looking around (before anyone pipes up about blind spots), but it is literally just a quick check before starting the maneouvere (sp?)..

You should get more practice then :)

does anyone knows what is it for? i mean, why would you reverse if you can just turn into?

does anyone knows what reversing round the corner is for? i mean, why would you reverse if you can just turn into?

does anyone knows what reversing round the corner is for? i mean, why would you reverse if you can just turn into?

As quite a few people have mentioned, the main use for this outside of the test is to turn around. If you just pull in, you're not really helping with turning around.

Does anyone 'really' feed the wheel through their hands when driving? It's a similar argument.

Yeah, I sometimes reverse around corners especially when reverse parking into a bay with cars at either side.

Does anyone reverse around a corner in 'real life'?

R-lass will when the boot is full of heavy stuff.

It's easier to unload cos we have a narrow drive off a narrow road - and it's on an incline :thumbsup:

do it all the time... but i wouldnt advise anyone wanting to drive well to look at my driving! lol. mostly when dropping people off and turning round... tho i do get lost quite a lot too!

It's a safe alternative to a 3 point turn or a u-turn. It's also a skill that you are taught so that you can actually reverse the car safely as a general manoeuvre.

After all... reversing is quite handy :)