What's happened to our fish & Chips ?

Ah should be cooked in dripping beef or pork and served in news paper lol traditional

I'd love to hark back to those days of when you'd finished you could smell vinegar and print ink on you hands.

That's when you could get a bit knocked off the price if you took your old news papers in for them.....

We didn't have any left they were all in squares stuck on a nail in the back of the outside toilet door .:thumbsup:

That's when you could get a bit knocked off the price if you took your old news papers in for them.....

We didn't have any left they were all in squares stuck on a nail in the back of the outside toilet door .:thumbsup:

Ditto :gag:

Lol could not forget that when the izal ran out : :thumbsup:

I travelled up to James Cook Hospital for work a couple of weeks ago and a stones throw away from the place is the best chip shop I have had the pleasure of eating in a long while.

Fish and chips cost me around £3.50 however it was worth every single penny. The batter and fish was cooked to perfection and the chips were golden brown and crisp with a nice fluffy centre, all of it cooked with real skill and not one bit of grease in sight.

Absolutely beautiful, In fact it's a good job the place isn't down here as I would eat it every single day!

Anyone recall a chip shop off Holinsend Rd, maybe Croft Rd? I recall one in that area where the chips were very cheap indeed around the 80's.

There was one on Alnwick Road, just off Croft Road, when I moved round here in the late 80s, the fish and chips were divine. Sadly it is now a chinese takeaway.

---------- Post added 14-12-2015 at 08:52 ----------

Ah should be cooked in dripping beef or pork and served in news paper lol traditional

That's exactly why they don't taste as good any more, they should be cooked in dripping. :)

Lol could not forget that when the izal ran out : :thumbsup:

What izal?:o

What izal?:o

Ah izal medicated even lol could be another thread .... Sore starfish !!!!