The BNP Megathread - Post ALL BNP related stuff HERE!

Agreed, HomeJames. There's a quote I like from the American writer Jared Taylor:

"..the purpose of a liberal education is to give people the right attitude to minorities and the means to live as far away from them as possible".

Was he referring to Billy Bragg here?

Was he referring to Billy Bragg here?

Quite possibly! Bragg's a Barking boy who lives in sunny Dorset. :thumbsup:

I know they will probably never get a majority vote, but do you think their support is increasing because of racial tension or that people think the BNP have Britain's best interests at heart?

I personally think that due to lack of comprehensive information and communication from Labour this increases ignorance and fear in the public that the BNP monopolise on.

What do other folk think?

Its the only party to vote for.All the others are a load of S***E:rant:

i think maxs way of looking at it is the most sensible option but then there is the odd harder to fathom case.

theres always an awkward sod to throw a spanner int he works :P

Being an awkward sod is what makes life worth living, Melthebell! :D:thumbsup:

StarSparkle

So, as predicted craigmason - you've not had the nerve to reply to my post about black British V.C. winning war hero Johnson Beharry - what a surprise...

Nothing more intelligent to add than :loopy: ?

or what about Walter Tull, the first black officer in the British Army who fell in WWI, (he was also the 2nd ever black professional footballer)

I remember a couple of years back, someone on here said "nyeh, nyeh, you dont see Black people marching in the victory/ remembrance parades at the cenotaph! nyah nyeh".

so that puts paid to their theories, doesn't it?

the Irony of the fact that the knuckle dragging racists have the freedom to be KDR's is thanks to his ilk seems to be lost on some folk.

Hmmm.... *thinks* would their sacrifice not be good enough for KDRs? should we go back, and take the black soldiers out of the equation, and re-fight the war without the Commonwealth armies?and perhaps lose to the Kaiser? or lose to Hitler?

PT

Here's the bnp definition of english scottish etc,

from bnp website

'The British National Party exists to secure a future for the indigenous peoples of these islands in the North Atlantic which have been our homeland for millennia. We use the term indigenous to describe the people whose ancestors were the earliest settlers here after the last great Ice Age and which have been complemented by the historic migrations from mainland Europe. The migrations of the Celts, Anglo-Saxons, Danes, Norse and closely related kindred peoples have been, over the past few thousands years, instrumental in defining the character of our family of nations.'

i don't see black ppl mentioned in their.

I wonder what they'd do for me: half white brit, half asian [brit]?

Altho the bnp will never really be a credible party dont you feel that people in a lot of areas are feeling that cut off from what they regard as there way of life .Does this show in the vote increase or is it just an anti labour vote?:huh:

I'd say it was an anti New Labour vote. A backlash against middle class liberalsism by working class radicals perhaps?

Tony Blair wants the 'market' to control everything except labour. Employers don't have to compete for available labour in a proper market because there are plenty of immigrants to fill the gaps. The minimum wage in fact has become the maximum wage most employers are prepared to pay for lots of jobs because they know the govt. just have to admit a few more immigrants who are happy to work for double or treble the wage they'd get in any of several east European countries.

I'm not surprised by the overwhelming response since I started this thread, or the amount of obvious racists there are on this forum.

However, I am surprised about the number of people there are on here who share the same opinion as me. That Labour's incompetence has fed the nations ignorance.

I know things are far from ideal, but what ideas do people have about what fair, practical and realistic measures could be implemented to move race relations forward in this country ?

The weakminded racist need not post.

PS. I suggest efforts should be made for asylum seekers/immagrants to learn English and be allowed to work regardless of their status in this country (other than those in custody or facing deportation). I believe taxing their income would contribute towards their stay and teaching them English improves their chance of gaining employment and allows them to interact easier with native people.

I'd say it was an anti New Labour vote. A backlash against middle class liberalsism by working class radicals perhaps?

Tony Blair wants the 'market' to control everything except labour. Employers don't have to compete for available labour in a proper market because there are plenty of immigrants to fill the gaps. The minimum wage in fact has become the maximum wage most employers are prepared to pay for lots of jobs because they know the govt. just have to admit a few more immigrants who are happy to work for double or treble the wage they'd get in any of several east European countries.

Quoted in the Guardian:

'Eastern Europe migrants have brought powerful benefits to Britain's economy since 10 new countries joined the European Union in 2004, according to research by the Ernst & Young Item Club.

Item, which uses the Treasury's forecasting model, says interest rates are half a percentage point lower than they would have been without the influx of low-cost workers from the new members of the EU club. It calculates that economic growth will be boosted by 0.2 per cent this year, and 0.4 per cent in 2007.'

This is one of the reasons Mr Cameron's team are very hurriedly drafting new immigration policy documents - not to the right I may add! Growth rates related to migrants from outside the EU look to be comparable.

This in the short term may push unemployment slightly up (as the pool of workers increases edit here...oops) but job growth remains strong and in the long term the economy will absorb more workers as the economy expands. The other result of migrant workers is that the workforce 'age profile' falls, therefore more people are able to contribute tax, this in turn eases the pension burden...without these workers more pensions would be at jeopardy than they are at present. Food for thought.

Quoted in the Guardian:

'Eastern Europe migrants have brought powerful benefits to Britain's economy since 10 new countries joined the European Union in 2004, according to research by the Ernst & Young Item Club.

Item, which uses the Treasury's forecasting model, says interest rates are half a percentage point lower than they would have been without the influx of low-cost workers from the new members of the EU club. It calculates that economic growth will be boosted by 0.2 per cent this year, and 0.4 per cent in 2007.'

This is one of the reasons Mr Cameron's team are very hurriedly drafting new immigration policy documents - not to the right I may add! Growth rates related to migrants from outside the EU look to be comparable.

This in the short term may push unemployment slightly up (as the pool of workers increases edit here...oops) but job growth remains strong and in the long term the economy will absorb more workers as the economy expands. The other result of migrant workers is that the workforce 'age profile' falls, therefore more people are able to contribute tax, this in turn eases the pension burden...without these workers more pensions would be at jeopardy than they are at present. Food for thought.

Food for thought indeed, although its a pity its so half-baked.

I don't doubt for a moment that immigration from Central and Eastern Europe will boost our GDP, since most of the new entrants will be temporary migrants who will immediately enter the labour force. However, this is not the point that Greybeard is making. The entry of these migrants will undoubtedly have a depressive effect upon wages in the sectors they enter, in accordance with the laws of supply and demand. Moreover, the influx will also have negative externalities which the Guardian chooses to ignore, such as the increased pressure on housing and greater congestion etc. Moreover, having access to a ready supply of cheap labour removes the incentive to encourage the unemployed indigenous population to enter or re-enter the labour market.

It is also something of a red herring, because the vast majority of those who have entered the UK under our lax immigration laws since 1997 fall into a very different category to the ones mentioned in the Ernst and Young study. This kind of apologia for immigration is very similar to the old saw about immigrants contributing more to the economy than they take out. It is certainly true of expatriate professionals, but obviously false with regard to Somalian 'asylum seekers' for example.

The connected subjects of the BNP and immigration have been mulled over for quite some time now on SF and there's no doubt it's a complicated and confusing subject .

However , for what it's worth , I think some general points have emerged , at least as I see it .

The British people , historically , have had a good record , vis-a -vis most other countries when it comes to welcoming people escaping from oppression . There are countless examples but Polish refugees in 1945-47 , Jewish people since the 1880's and the Ugandan Asians in the 1970's [?]immediately spring to mind . We have also welcomed people who have come here to work . Chinese people , for example , have been settling and working in Britain since at least the 19th. century .

Over the years there were fairly minor instances of anti-Polish , anti-Jewish , anti-This and anti-That but not on the scale of anti-Immigration that has been in the air since the early 1970's. Why the change in attitude in so many people who were once regarded as tolerant and kind internationally ?

Well , many of us on the forum have repeatedly pointed out that the answer is fairly simple .It's the sheer number of people who have arrived in the U.K snce the 1970's which is the factor that creates tension . Over centuries a vast network of relationships and memories are created in communities ----perhaps particularly in the Northern industrial cities . One has only to read the Sheffield Forum [ History section ] to realise that . If those communities are broken up ------for any reason fairly quickly----people often get angry and disorientated . On top of that if they perceive , rightly or wrongly , that the newcomers are receiving better treatment than they are , their anger will increase . If , also , they know that they've never been directly consulted about immigration , that too adds to their resentment . Finally , if they sense that a lot of immigrants are merely taking advantage of our famed tolerance they will start to turn to anyone who they think will speak to them or speak for them .

This , in a nutshell , is why the BNP have gained popularity , but some people have been pointing out the dangers of mass , uncontrolled immigration for years . The Powers-That-Be , both Labour and Tory have either been too stupid , too complacent or too unconcerned , in their leafy suburbs or Islington restaurants , to listen and will now be looking round desperately for someone to blame . Let's hope it's not too late !

Food for thought indeed, although its a pity its so half-baked

The figures are based upon how the Tresury generates its data, in fact the Treasury probably has this as internal data

The figures are current and the figures for migrants outside the EU are comparable and projected into 2007 (not 1997) ...I think the majority would go with these figures

Asylum seekers do include professional people. In fact, professionals are more likely to be emigres Mr C. They have professional qualifications that cut across international borders, the finances to get out of war torn area's and profs are more likely to be the subject to threats in their native land due to their involvement in politics, oppositional groups, civil services and education, hence their persecution and subsequent flight. For instance the number of professional Iranian migrants that came to Britain after the Shah was overthrown, is well documented.

You imply that migrants don't work, don't contribute toward tax and then argue migrants are depressing wages...?

The Guardian does not ignore figures you refer to Mr C. The study was merely reported in the Guardian.....apologies, the quality of my posting may have confused you here

You state that immigration increases the need for housing. Yes, there is increased competition for housing. However, it is well established that migrants are usually given emergency accomodation and these tend to be dwellings that have been persistently rejected by people on housing lists...perhaps a housing officer could enlighten us here.

The greatest demand and pressure for housing in our economy at present, so I am led to believe, is the expansion of people between the ages of 20-40 who are choosing to live as singles. High divorce rates and later marriages related to age are increasing this trend and pushing the demand for housing

Migrants from inside and outside the EU have lower divorce rates and tend to marry younger, therefore in the long term, the pressure from migrants for housing will decrease....its no wonder Mr Cameron is rewriting his policies.....migrants take poorer quality housing, are prepared to work longer hours, cost less and cherish the family!

Greater congestion caused by migrants, I presume you said this tongue in cheek Mr C......very cheeky indeed

You can ignore the figures if you wish Mr C, that is your perogative (and my spelling) but the policy makers and the law makers will continue their work according to such data.

Society is changing and will always change and the BNP will exploit any perceived discontent out there and votes for them are usually protest votes (the same thing happened in the late seventies with the NF).

We need better education on this matter and I think the media should be aware of its responsibilities to present a balanced picture of immigration. At the same time policy makers ahould be looking at better ways to integrate communities...we need better social glue for all our communities. We need less luxury flats and more affordable housing..private, housing associations and council. In areas that are losing jobs such as car making - there needs to be a better effort by Government to bring employment back into those communities....in this period of great change for them

The BNP are still fairly insignificant and I don't really see anything to change that. Sorry the post was soooo long Mr C :rant: