The BNP Megathread - Post ALL BNP related stuff HERE!

I read that since 1997, over 45% of nurses recruited in the UK are from overseas. The contribution therefore is positive surely.

Migrants are also professional...look at the massive skills shortages in the UK in the IT sector alone...how are these jobs being filled?

Not by the Labour Education successes.

Protesting against the BNP is all well and good. I myself have attended protests against the BNP, but I have been really turned off by the way some people behave at them. There is just no point in going and standing outside a count and screaming at them as they walk by. All you achieve is maybe an paragraph in the Star.

What anti-bnp folk should really be doing is challenging the BNP not by hysterically shouting 'nazis' at them but by challenging their views and most importantly their policies, in calm, level headed debate. The BNP claim to be the best party for the people and for the working class, but many of their policies seem to fall down under scutiny.

The minute a BNP voter thinks you are calling them a nazi or a racist, they will switch off completely.

Couple of quality posts by kathythebean in this thread including the one above.

Many just lable BNP voters as thick or racist without listening to their concerns. I'm sure many of those who go to the anti-BNP protests are just wnating to cause trouble anyway. :D

Whether people agree or disagree with BNP, nobody can ignore the issues raised by them.

Whether they are right or wrong there are still important issues that are being ignored by the government and are being brought up by the BNP.

I agree with many of their views on immigration BUT disagree with many aswell.

I find that nearly all the people who I have argued about this with in the past (teachers, housemates, students etc) all come from/live in suburbia and usually went to a nice school in the country where they are not affected by immigration or race issues.

I am not suggesting all anti-bnp supporters come from nice backgrounds I'm just merely pointing out that if they experienced first hand bigotry from non-whites and were less looked after by govt and agencies than eqivilent immigrants then maybe they might be more understanding of what is really going on in the lives of many white households.

If anyone reads my posts and labels me racist so be it, but I'm not.

I don't care what colour of skin someone has, I am more concerned with cultural differences i.e. the extreme side of islam.

I also feel that we should help people who are born here i.e. British people white/black or brown before we help foreigners.

I was having this discussion the other week with someon who was urging all around him to vote BNP to get rid of those 'damn kosovans' because apparently they are to blame for all of our societys problems. Just like the Jews were pre world war 2. Apparently, me not supporting the BNP makes me a Liberal. I didn't realise that but there you go. I said "I'd rather be a liberal than a racist".

I also said that there was no way an organisation like the BNP would ever get in power in a million years, then I was quite freaked out beause, didn't they say that about Hitler????

The BNP sent out leaflets highlighting how Tony Blair sends work abroad because it's cheaper. Call Centres, Printers etc. and how the BNP would never do this. Then you look at the bottom of the leaflet and it says 'Printed in Thailand'.

:confused:

:o

Well said, Kathythebean. I'm in full agreement with you on your post above, and on your previous posting.

Looks like you've been doing a lot of thinking over the last few weeks.

StarSparkle

And you call me patronising :rolleyes:

I haven't changed my mind on this in the last few weeks. For a long time I've thought the ANL and the No Platform lot do more harm than good - that it would be far better not to go to the counts and shout at the BNP, and that its daft to dimiss all BNP voters as racists or nazis. You get a lot further by listening and responding.

BNP party leaders and organisers, on the other hand, I have no time for listening to.

I read that since 1997, over 45% of nurses recruited in the UK are from overseas. The contribution therefore is positive surely.

Migrants are also professional...look at the massive skills shortages in the UK in the IT sector alone...how are these jobs being filled?

problem with your nursing example, is 90% of newly qualified nurses this summer are not going into jobs nursing due to the cuts in the nhs. Its ok bringing in 'qualified?' staff from overseas but at what real cost. To see qualified nurses doing 'support worker' roles in the nhs is a real sad sight, makes you wonder who really gains from these 'overseas' recruitment companies doesn't it?

Are my posts crap or something?!?! They must be!

Are my posts crap or something?!?! They must be!

Wasssup Reidstar, are they ignoring your posts?

The BNP sent out leaflets highlighting how Tony Blair sends work abroad because it's cheaper. Call Centres, Printers etc. and how the BNP would never do this. Then you look at the bottom of the leaflet and it says 'Printed in Thailand'.

quality, i love stuff like this. The sheer hypocrisy

Wasssup Reidstar, are they ignoring your posts?

Yes! I'm the threadstarter not the firestarter for God's sake!! tee hee

I just thought this thread seemed to be going round and round, so I asked earlier what ideas do people have about what fair, practical and realistic measures could be implemented to move race relations forward in this country - and got no response. Nor did my later post get a response.

It seems there are a few peeps on here embroiled in their own mini-battles and deviating away from my original post! Boo-hoo!

Reidstar, if there was an easy answer to that question, don't you think the politicians would be using it rather than their current policy towards it.

Reidstar - I don't know about you, but I'm used to the jumping in and out style of a forum. I know it may sound rude, and it can seem like it's stopping the flow of the thread. Sometimes it happens like that. I think you just have to believe that majority of the time, posters will and do read the whole thread. So your post is read. :)

-----------

Anyhow, on the note about nurses. Here's my tuppence.

All I know is that, the immigration policy seemed to have changed with regards to nurses too. (I recall looking at the immigration website for uni friends from oversea about 5 years ago.) Now the situation seemed to have changed. I do know that the few oversea nurses that do work in the UK are EU nationals, and do not necessarily need a visa. So what does that mean ? Immigration policies have changed over the course of the last few years anyway, and we don't know about it ?

Is the debate based on past year's data and information ?