Who is the most famous person you have seen/met?

Yes, but in places it just ends up being an interminable list of names of moderately famous people. The best ones are the ones with at least one additional detail (apart from where and when it happened), such as what the famous person was wearing or doing or eating, or what they said to you, or whether they had their dog with them and what sort it was, that kind of thing. Just naming the person you met is unremarkable.

Bo Didley said to me "That is one of a hellava accent you have "" I replied who the flick are you".L.A. He was listening to himself on a Sony Walkman .

Jimmy Clithero said ." what are you drinking grandad" Adelphi Hotel Sheffield. around 1961.

Una Stubbs Said ,"No i'm Lilo Lil' ,Crucible Sheffield.She is a lady.1995 ish.

Clint Eastwood replied "I think I was the Mayor at one time " A bar near Monterey California .He gave me directions to highway one.

Rachel Roberts said ,"go away and multiply" or words to that effect;)

Steve Davies Said ,Hello how are you at the Canal Tavern in ThorneDoncaster , din't even recognise him at the time.

Yes, but in places it just ends up being an interminable list of names of moderately famous people. The best ones are the ones with at least one additional detail (apart from where and when it happened), such as what the famous person was wearing or doing or eating, or what they said to you, or whether they had their dog with them and what sort it was, that kind of thing. Just naming the person you met is unremarkable.

Yeah I know what you mean.... Maybe we should ask for pics as proof :hihi:

Ex HRH Fergie at the British Tea Council Awards. We were joint prize distributors. Have to say much to my surprise she was lovely.

Edited by badab1ng
Spelling !

Yeah I know what you mean.... Maybe we should ask for pics as proof :hihi:

Absolutely! Or a quick line-drawing, if nothing else.

" Neil Kinnock

Arthur Scargill

David Blunkett "

I don't think I would own up to meeting the three above, even if they all chipped in and bought a round.

Angel1

Mine is probably Davey Jones from the Monkees in Jersey 1984...In a football charity match

Sir Cliff Richard - a long time ago.

Hank Marvin and Bruce Welsh of The Shadows - again a long time ago.

More recent David Blunkett - several times.

I know it was a long time ago wendy and your memory could be a little hazy

but I feel I do have to ask these questions,

1/how old were you .?

2/were you alone with sir Cliff?

3/was it at a christian rally?

4/did he at anytime during that meeting try and sing "the young ones":suspect:

Prince Charles at a railway station rather late at night, not his local one though.

He said Good Evening as he passed by as did the detective with him - I was ever so slightly surprised to see him there.

Mine would be this morning, read below

I have had to come on to post this as it's the MOST amazing thing ever I'm still in a dream, the door was knocked on at 10:15 this morning.

I went wondering who it was as it was pouring with rain, imagine my shock when on MY doorstep stood GOD, yes Tony Currie with his lovely wife; I just stood there said GOD please come in.

I invited him in and his wife, he brought me an autographed book by him & Nigel Clough, and he brought me a framed signed picture of himself. He also brought a DVD of his greatest moments god I was in heaven, we spoke at length about his career and the old United.

He stayed about 90 minutes and trust me it has made my millennium, the whole thing was arranged by my 3 marvellous kids and made a poorly old man very, very, very happy.

I will take this memory with me forever, thanks Paula, Terri & Mark xxx

Mine would be this morning, read below

I have had to come on to post this as it's the MOST amazing thing ever I'm still in a dream, the door was knocked on at 10:15 this morning.

I went wondering who it was as it was pouring with rain, imagine my shock when on MY doorstep stood GOD, yes Tony Currie with his lovely wife; I just stood there said GOD please come in.

I invited him in and his wife, he brought me an autographed book by him & Nigel Clough, and he brought me a framed signed picture of himself. He also brought a DVD of his greatest moments god I was in heaven, we spoke at length about his career and the old United.

He stayed about 90 minutes and trust me it has made my millennium, the whole thing was arranged by my 3 marvellous kids and made a poorly old man very, very, very happy.

I will take this memory with me forever, thanks Paula, Terri & Mark xxx

That's fantastic. :)

Regards

Doom