Advice Required on windows

Our house windows seem to be getting stuck. The mechanism is working but they just will not open. This has happened on two different windows. Does anyone have any advice?

I have tried goggling this problem and its suggested removing the window lock barrel which should release the window but this has not worked.

Thanks

Louise

Are they tilt & turn?

I have no idea????

The handle is Flat, you push the button in and the lift it up to push window open.

Hope that makes sense.

Are they upvc windows And how do you know the mechanism is working?

Our house windows seem to be getting stuck. The mechanism is working but they just will not open. This has happened on two different windows. Does anyone have any advice?

I have tried goggling this problem and its suggested removing the window lock barrel which should release the window but this has not worked.

Thanks

Louise

On some old cheap uvpc windows the catch can bend. Try pushing the window handle right to the top fully after you have pressed the button in. :hihi: then push on the window opening part

Edited by spider1