Am I still allowed to question climate change?

Oh dear, climate change professor Chris Turney, gets his research vessel stuck in the ice, whilst investigating global warming, in the Antarctic summer..

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/12/26/so-much-ice-in-antarctica-that-a-research-vessel-gets-stuck-in-summer/

:wow:

Yep made me chuckle too..... :)

Yep made me chuckle too..... :)

Just think of the tonnes of CO2 that's been wasted trying to rescue them...

Hey all you climate changers!

We are having a debate on that very subject on 13th February - various speakers and you get to decide which one gets chucked out of the balloon for not convincing you!

I need someone to speak for the contention that "Climate change is not man-made and is nothing to worry about"

Who's up for a bit of (semi-serious) fun then??

Call me on 07882 209137 - and if you want to come along it's at Strip the Willow on Abbeydale Rd 7pm Thurs 13th February!

Cheers

Jon Johnson

Those are two separate points to argue though...

Climate change is not man-made.

Climate change is nothing to worry about.

One does not necessarily follow from the other, they appear to be independent.

america previous environment secretary has clearly stated "global warming is not true as god would not let it happen" ....... Have a little faith people

The Earth's mean temperature is actually falling. This Global Warming/Climate Change nonsense is entirely political. for whatever hidden agenda the politicians have :suspect:

Along with Political Correctness it goes to show how easily the population's mindsets can be manipulated with a constant barrage of dis-information. I wonder Climate Change Denial hasn't been added to their list of taboo subjects :hihi:

How do you define the word "mean" here? I'm not saying you're wrong about the temperayure falling, I would just like to know exactly what this word means. Is it (a) the temperature measured at one station every day over a year and then avaraged, followed by adding all the averages from everywhere in the world and averaging again (b) Adding the readings from the whole world hour by hour (for eg) and averaging them, then adding all these averages at the end of a year and averaging them again, and eventually coming up with the so called average global temperature for a year or © some other weird and wonderful method? Whichever way one does this averaging it gives a different answer than if it's done another way. This difference may not matter if we were looking for a temperature change of say 10 degrees but we're looking for something like 0.1 degrees so the method of calculating is critical. Which method do they use and is it appropriate here?

---------- Post added 17-01-2014 at 12:35 ----------

america previous environment secretary has clearly stated "global warming is not true as god would not let it happen" ....... Have a little faith people

Faith in science? Faith in God? How do you know that God wouldn't let global warming happen? He let the dinosaurs go extinct, didn't he, so why not us?

---------- Post added 17-01-2014 at 12:42 ----------

Those are two separate points to argue though...

Climate change is not man-made.

Climate change is nothing to worry about.

One does not necessarily follow from the other, they appear to be independent.

If man didn't measure and calculate the degree of climate change, climate change wouldn't exist. To that extent it is man made.

It is something which you can worry about if you wish.

I reckon that Chuck Norris would agree with me.

Edited by woolyhead
spelling errors

I am fed up of all the global warming hysteria.We naively believe that the human race has every right to exist.The human race could be wiped out at any time in the future.Possibly due to a virus we cannot treat or a massive asteroid hitting the planet which will wipe us all out.There is absolutely nothing we can do about it either and the sun will eventually supernova and consume planet earth anyway and that is 100 percent a scientific certainty.We are getting ripped off everyday with our energy bills to try and combat so called global warming while the landowners and wind turbine companies make a fortune at our expense.It is looking likely that in the future we are going to experience power blackouts all the time,that is really something to look forward too as we start to rely on unpredictable and inefficient power whilst closing power plants by order of the EU.The problem is that the original theory has been hijacked by politicians for political gain and to make money out of us.That was the reason the man who started Greenpeace quit because his organisation had been hijacked by political activists for their own idealism,his own words.I feel better for getting that off my chest.

Edited by ghost rider

"Global warming" campaigns do achieve one major thing: continued public funding for their scientist devotees.

"Global warming" campaigns do achieve one major thing: continued public funding for their scientist devotees.

You will be saying that medical research is only done to keep scientists in jobs next.

You will be saying that medical research is only done to keep scientists in jobs next.

I'd confidently say that about "some" medical research.

Medical researchers are seeking; they've not pre-ordained their results.

Medical researchers are seeking; they've not pre-ordained their results.

There are different findings coming out all the time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/the-good-news-there-has-been-a-dramatic-increase-in-arctic-sea-ice-the-bad-its-still-half-the-level-is-was-in-the-1980s-9008388.html