Am I still allowed to question climate change?

These scientists you refer to,where do they get their funding from?

Anyone including Scientists can be leaned on.I suppose you didnt hear about the emails that were doing the rounds?

The one's that made that graph work at Penn State Uni. so presumably the usual mix of some govt grants, student fees and industry.

If you think you've got the skills and a research angle that could disprove AGW I'm sure you could find plenty of funding. Try the Koch Brothers for starters.

I presume you are referring to the East Anglia emails that were stolen then quote mined and cherry-picked. There have been 8 different investigations into them. None have found evidence of fraud or scientific misconduct.

Have you got anything to say about the science or just innuendo and conspiracy theory?

The one's that made that graph work at Penn State Uni. so presumably the usual mix of some govt grants, student fees and industry.

If you think you've got the skills and a research angle that could disprove AGW I'm sure you could find plenty of funding. Try the Koch Brothers for starters.

I presume you are referring to the East Anglia emails that were stolen then quote mined and cherry-picked. There have been 8 different investigations into them. None have found evidence of fraud or scientific misconduct.

Have you got anything to say about the science or just innuendo and conspiracy theory?

Full of yourself arnt you?

So you agree gov grants of course totally unconditional,no pressure :)

Cherry picked ha ha.Was the information there or not?

Investigations are a bit like scientists.You can give them as much or as little funding as you want to.You can also employ who you want to to do them and of course like scientists can be leaned on.

Are you really nieve or been living on the moon? Er no you wouldnt be living there becuase in the shade its more than -250deg and out of the shade its near +300deg and the suits NASA provide have rubber joints unfortunatly.

Full of yourself arnt you?

So you agree gov grants of course totally unconditional,no pressure :)

Cherry picked ha ha.Was the information there or not?

Investigations are a bit like scientists.You can give them as much or as little funding as you want to.You can also employ who you want to to do them and of course like scientists can be leaned on.

Are you really nieve or been living on the moon? Er no you wouldnt be living there becuase in the shade its more than -250deg and out of the shade its near +300deg and the suits NASA provide have rubber joints unfortunatly.

You cant lean on the huge majority of scientists who have proved climate change is real and a lot of it (maybe all) is man made.

You cant lean on the huge majority of scientists who have proved climate change is real and a lot of it (maybe all) is man made.

'Proved'

Maybe proved to some easily led sheep yes.

Where is all this irrefutable proof? Are all 31,500 scientists on here wrong?

http://www.petitionproject.org/

They are certainly in the minority...

http://scienceprogress.org/2012/11/27479/

I searched the Web of Science, an online science publication tool, for peer-reviewed scientific articles published between January first 1991 and November 9th 2012 that have the keyword phrases “global warming” or “global climate change.” The search produced 13,950 articles.... By my definition, 24 of the 13,950 articles, 0.17 percent or 1 in 581, clearly reject global warming or endorse a cause other than CO2 emissions for observed warming.

Here's what the Skeptic Society has to say about the Petition Project

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/08-11-12/

final paragraph...

In conclusion, through his Global Warming Petition Project, Arthur Robinson has solicited the opinions of the wrong group of people in the wrong way and drawn the wrong conclusions about any possible consensus among relevant and qualified scientists regarding the hypothesis of human-caused global warming. His petition is unqualified to deliver answers about a consensus in which the public is interested. He has a right to conduct any kind of petition drive he wishes, but he is not ethically entitled to misrepresent his petition as a fair reflection of relevant scientific opinion. He has confused his political with his scientific aims and misled the public in the process.

Here's what the Skeptic Society has to say about the Petition Project

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/08-11-12/

final paragraph...

I'm just saying that the science is far from settled and proven..there is no consensus...

I'm just saying that the science is far from settled and proven..there is no consensus...

Well you're right in that the science can never be 100% proven, but I would stick my neck out and say that 99.83% of all peer-reviewed papers available on the Web of Science endorsing the idea of AGW pretty much constitutes a consensus - by my definition of the term anyway.

The reason for the 'debate' and the lack of consensus among the public is because of the deliberate attempts by discredited organisations such as the Heartland Institute (funded by the oil industry - naturally) to spread misinformation and cloud the issue.

There's no money in not going with the flow,,, :)

Al Gore would certainly agree with that.

Al Gore grows personal wealth from $2million to $100million on Green Scams

Still it did allow him to buy a lovely house.

Gore's mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

LINK

Crikey! His electric bill must be quite an "Inconvenient Truth".

Still:

The mystery of where the milk went to was soon cleared up. It was mixed every day into the pigs' mash. The early apples were now ripening, and the grass of the orchard was littered with windfalls. The animals had assumed as a matter of course that these would be shared out equally; one day, however, the order went forth that all the windfalls were to be collected and brought to the harness-room for the use of the pigs. At this some of the other animals murmured, but it was no use. All the pigs were in full agreement on this point, even Snowball and Napoleon. Squealer was sent to make the necessary explanations to the others.

‘Comrades!’ he cried. ‘You do not imagine, I hope, that we pigs are doing this in a spirit of selfishness and privilege? Many of us actually dislike milk and apples. I dislike them myself. Our sole object in taking these things is to preserve our health. Milk and apples (this has been proved by Science, comrades) contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig. We pigs are brainworkers. The whole management and organisation of this farm depend on us. Day and night we are watching over your welfare. It is for your sake that we drink that milk and eat those apples.

George Orwell, Animal Farm

Humanity is doomed.

The surface temperature of the moon is hot enough to vapourise water at atmospheric pressure (nearly 400 deg Kelvin. Earth is more like 300 degrees) But because there's no atmosphere, the "rubber" joints were only subjected to heat from solar radiation (strong but not intolerable) and lunar radiation (weak).

The boots were of course in contact with the moon's surface, and they insulated the astronauts' feet like this:

Ribs projected from the bottom of the silicone rubber sole to increase thermal insulation qualities, to provide lateral rigidity, and to provide traction on the lunar surface. The inner layers consisted of two layers of Kapton followed by five layers of aluminized, perforated Mylar. The Mylar layers were separated by four layers of nonwoven Dacron followed by an inner liner of Teflon-coated Beta cloth. Two layers of Nomex felt in the sole provided additional thermal insulation from the lunar surface.