Microsft software support - scam?

To cut a long story short... I fell for a phone scam...

I've had to wipe the pc and put it bk to manufactures settings but I'm worried that once I reconnect to the web that because they took total control of my pc that there's something hidden that will make things just as bad as they were...

Would the things they did to my have been removed?

Any tips and advice greatly appreciated.

Madowl... Very!

What do you mean by wipe your PC, if you mean a full reformat then you're ok. If you mean a reset then you may not be.

What do you mean by wipe your PC, if you mean a full reformat then you're ok. If you mean a reset then you may not be.

Yes.. Full reformat... Bk to as it was new..

If its full format than u are ok and get some decent antivirus software

If its full format than u are ok and get some decent antivirus software

I have Norton 360..

The sad thing is I cant believe how stupid I was to fall for this..

They claimed to be from my internet provider working with microsoft because of an virus that was on the network.. They never asked my name but knew who my internet was with and that I use windows8.

I have Norton 360..

The sad thing is I cant believe how stupid I was to fall for this..

They claimed to be from my internet provider working with microsoft because of an virus that was on the network.. They never asked my name but knew who my internet was with and that I use windows8.

it is probable they didnt know, they keep ringing folks and say the same stuff until someone goes "oh yeah, I have . . ."

They got my frail old mum the same way, B$^$£%$'s

It is cases like this where a good recovery software would save all the time and effort in reformatting and re-installing the OS

Use the free version of Rollack RxPc and be up and running in less than a minute...

It is cases like this where a good recovery software would save all the time and effort in reformatting and re-installing the OS

Use the free version of Rollack RxPc and be up and running in less than a minute...

If you do not know what they did its not SAFE to roll back, they could have compromised the backups.

Also was this a full reinstall from media, or just a roll back to the factory reset ON THE HDD?

While its unlikely they were that clever, they could potentially have infected the factory recovery partition with malware so a factory install would still be dodgy.

If you do not know what they did its not SAFE to roll back, they could have compromised the backups.

Also was this a full reinstall from media, or just a roll back to the factory reset ON THE HDD?

While its unlikely they were that clever, they could potentially have infected the factory recovery partition with malware so a factory install would still be dodgy.

If that's the case... What should I do..?

At the moment I've reset it bk to as it was when I bought it.

Changed passwords email etc on another pc.. Downloaded updates and a Microsoft scanner to test pc security etc

Waiting for results b4 I connect to web

Any other advise?

Hi everyone

Been having problems with silverlight and various other running issues on new laptop...

Searched interweb and got through to microsoft software support team...

They said they were free and got me to use a 'team viewer' thing, so they could look at computer.

Event viewer, application, filter current log, errors and warnings...

AND SHED LOADS OF STUFF CAME UP IN RED

They said they could get rid of all of these 'trojans' for £40/3mos

Is this a scam - legit?!!

My new laptop does seem to be corrupted already :(

Can I fix it myself - with your help? :help:

Or should I subscribe to this software support??

Cheers

Sol

Sounds pretty scamtastic to me.

If you've installed some weird software you might have buggered it up already.