Were the moon landings fake?

Yes, I believe there's a ice shelf around the perimeter that contains the water.

Footage from very high up showing the horizon to be completely level.

The horizon always rises to eye level too,no matter how high you go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l2nCui9aU2w

MAC33. Buy a cheapish camera and a small weather balloon. You can get both for less than £100.

You can send up the weather balloon to the edge of the atmosphere and get the camera to automatically take photographs. I believe quite a few schools do it these days, it really is child's play.

You know what you'll see? The curvature the earth. Shock horror. Doesn't involve NASA, so you can't blame them.

Here's a handy guide for you. https://www.bikewrappers.com/2016/03/04/how-to-send-a-weather-balloon-into-space/

Care to explain that?

The Moon landings and the officiating in the 1966 World Cup final opens a few questions here.

The Moon landings and the officiating in the 1966 World Cup final opens a few questions here.

Go to the sea and put a see thru ruler a inch from your eyes and line the ruler up with the horizon.

Now look 50 miles to the right and another 50 miles or as far as you can see to the left.

The horizon will never,ever drop a millimetre below the ruler.....

You ball earthers have been well and truly had.

OK, OK, I'll bite. As you seem up for day trips out I suggest a jaunt down to Bedford. Once there you can make your way to the Old Bedford River, in particular you are looking for the six mile long straight bit. Once you've found it and donned your wellies simply fix three poles at a fixed height above the river, one at each end of the straight and one at the middle. Now, with your trusty theodolite in hand, line up the first and third poles and take careful note of where the middle pole appears to be...

Or you could just read up on the Bedford Level Experiment (Here, page 116: https://www.scribd.com/document/95625136/Landmark-Experiments-in-Physics).

If all that seems like too hard work you can determine the diameter of the Earth from the comfort of your armchair by using seismic wave data from around the world (https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas/Geo_p022.shtml#procedure).

If that is not enough then perhaps you could explain to me how Equatorial Mounts and Inertial Navigation Systems work in the contect of a Flat Earth.

Edited by barleycorn

Around 400,000 people worked on getting Apollo 11 to the moon, yet not one of them has come forward to prove it was fake.

If they did they would make a fortune.

Even the Russians agree it happened.

Funny that.

Also this....

https://www.metabunk.org/soundly-proving-the-curvature-of-the-earth-at-lake-pontchartrain.t8939/

Anyone can see this, the guy even shows himself taking the footage and uploading it to youtube.

The internet should make people more intelligent not more stupid.

Nowhere on earth is "upside down" of course, "up and down" are all a local perspective, but Imagine if you will that you're in space and you're looking back at earth and you can see the top and bottom of it, from that perspective, the land mass at the bottom/underside of this "globe" would have to be upside down surely.

Nowhere on earth is "upside down" of course, "up and down" are all a local perspective, but Imagine if you will that you're in space and you're looking back at earth and you can see the top and bottom of it, from that perspective, the land mass at the bottom/underside of this "globe" would have to be upside down surely.

Is the "top" the North or South pole?

Is it somewhere on the equator?

Is it a random place?

Is the "top" you see, the "bottom" as seen by your co-pilot ?

You the observer may be happy with "top" and "bottom" but it is a meaningless term to everybody else in the Universe except to the person sharing your sofa.

Is the "top" the North or South pole?

Is it somewhere on the equator?

Is it a random place?

Is the "top" you see, the "bottom" as seen by your co-pilot ?

You the observer may be happy with "top" and "bottom" but it is a meaningless term to everybody else in the Universe except to the person sharing your sofa.

Imagine looking at the moon in the sky from the vantage point of your back garden; The top of it is the, er....bit at the top, and bottom is the bit at the bottom as you're looking at it. Now, the landmass on the underside of it, as you're looking at it, from your perspective, should be upside down, no?

I appreciate that the "top" and "bottom" of it depends of the vantage point of the viewer, but nevertheless there IS a top and bottom for any viewer, and the land mass at the bottom, or underside of it from the perspective of the viewer should be upside down I would have thought.

Edited by Guest

I agree that I would probably think that an inverted toy globe would look "upside down" and that the Sun, Moon and stars appear to go round me! That the shortest route from MAN to Florida is a straight line over the wholly over the ocean and how surprised I was to be over Nova Scotia in Canada. But I don't get the Moon "upside down" bit- maybe because its less familiar.

We probably grow up trying to explain what we see, which is why we see things differently- but at least we agree that it's not flat.

Just an oddity but I have been the butt of many a ribbing because I don't do turquoise- it's green! There is no equivalent word in the language I grew up and I still can't isolate it as a colour.