Were the moon landings fake?

The probability that the moon landings were fake is zero.

Anybody want to argue?

Guest sibon

Anybody want to argue?

Nope.

But I'm looking forward to this one:D

I think the landings actually happened but it wouldn't surprise me greatly if they were faked.

I think the landings actually happened but it wouldn't surprise me greatly if they were faked.

??????????

Anybody want to argue?

OK... I'll bite. But just on the grounds that the probability of most things is unlikely to be 'zero'. The same scientists that claim the moon landings are real are also in the process of conducting an experiment to find out if our entire existence is, in fact, real...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10451983/Do-we-live-in-the-Matrix-Scientists-believe-they-may-have-answered-the-question.html

Edited by DnAuK

I am sure that at least the photographs were faked. How would a flag flutter on the moon?

I am sure that at least the photographs were faked. How would a flag flutter on the moon?

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2001/ast23feb_2/

"Pictures of Apollo astronauts erecting a US flag on the Moon show the flag bending and rippling. How can that be? After all, there's no breeze on the Moon....

Not every waving flag needs a breeze -- at least not in space. When astronauts were planting the flagpole they rotated it back and forth to better penetrate the lunar soil (anyone who's set a blunt tent-post will know how this works). So of course the flag waved! Unfurling a piece of rolled-up cloth with stored angular momentum will naturally result in waves and ripples -- no breeze required!"

Elements were faked. I do think they landed, maybe but i do think many of the pictures were faked. If they were, for what reason i dont know. Its a tricky one when you consider how far behind the Russians America actually were in the 60s then Bingo, they land on the moon. Plus NASA lost most of its astronauts in a capsule fire but then all of a sudden things 'came together' and they landed first.

Drat. Should we stop?

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 13:26 ----------

Elements were faked. I do think they landed, maybe but i do think many of the pictures were faked. If they were, for what reason i dont know. Its a tricky one when you consider how far behind the Russians America actually were in the 60s then Bingo, they land on the moon. Plus NASA lost most of its astronauts in a capsule fire but then all of a sudden things 'came together' and they landed first.

How do you lose "most of your astronauts" in a capsule fire. The capsule only holds 3.

The photo thing has always been something the conspiracy theorists pick up on. Who knows... maybe they were faked - didn't turn out well, solar radiation exposed the film? I dunno. My favourite doubts are -

How the hell did they do it with less computer power than a modern calculator?

Did they fake it just to win one element of the Space Race?

How come, in 40 years we haven't been back?

and... the fact that Moon rock is, amazingly, the same composition as Earth rock, thereby adjusting our entire theory of how the moon came into being.

But I'm sure we'll find out soon enough - when the Japs turn the moon into a solar power plant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/10480950/Japanese-firm-plans-250-mile-wide-solar-panel-belt-around-Moon.html

They will have to shuffle the old Lunar Buggies and Lander platforms out of the way first... Messy Americans.

Drat. Should we stop?

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 13:26 ----------

How do you lose "most of your astronauts" in a capsule fire. The capsule only holds 3.

Step 1, Capsule catches fire

Step 2, They cant get out

Step 3. They burn to death