New pitches at both clubs.

Both teams have had these "moving marquees" going over the grass as they build their new pitches.

Not interested in getting into any argument - but they are clearly important. What happens under them and why does what they do, apparently have to be sheltered?

Both teams have had these "moving marquees" going over the grass as they build their new pitches.

Not interested in getting into any argument - but they are clearly important. What happens under them and why does what they do, apparently have to be sheltered?

We have got the biggest one:hihi:

The artificial grass is being infected into the ground at this stage ,why it has to be under cover I really don't know ,you would think it was some kind of trade secret they want to keep under wraps,but the installation process is readily available ,so its a good question ,and one I can't answer.:)

The machine is computer driven & injects artificial turf fibres into the pitch. I imagine this is quite a precise thing to undertake and the covers are to to protect the computer & the turf that is being treated from wind & rain etc.

The machine is computer driven & injects artificial turf fibres into the pitch. I imagine this is quite a precise thing to undertake and the covers are to to protect the computer & the turf that is being treated from wind & rain etc.

That seems like a good plausible explanation and thanks for that!

• 2 weeks later...