What happened to Mr Pretzels?

Does anyone know if Mr Pretzels in Meadowhall have vanished or just moved? It was one of the very few things I actually liked about the place and now they appear to have gone. I can't find any updates on their website and the place where their shop was, near The Oasis and The Lanes was boarded over when I went a few weeks ago.

Not at all......not very good for independents or small businesses.

Which is a bit of a shame that city centre landlords/council prefer betting shops & discount stores.

If there are lots of shops willing to pay the rent, it seems that they have the rents set at the market rates.

It is an eye opener to see the amount of money that passes through Meadowhall. I've long thought that due to changing circumstances there should be an incentive via taxes/business rates to open up a shop on the city centre and this could be paid for by increasing taxes/business rates to out of town shopping centres.

If there are lots of shops willing to pay the rent, it seems that they have the rents set at the market rates.

It is an eye opener to see the amount of money that passes through Meadowhall. I've long thought that due to changing circumstances there should be an incentive via taxes/business rates to open up a shop on the city centre and this could be paid for by increasing taxes/business rates to out of town shopping centres.

I dont class Meadowhall as Sheffield shopping.....although it does contribute to the jobs market i think that it does more harm than good to Sheffield.

Its classed as 'Out of Town' shopping and has probably stalled the development of the city centre, not just for shops but for all business.

Meadowhall has held this city back and has allowed Leeds to overtake Sheffield