Giving cat away for free

Sale Amount - £0

Reason for Rehome / Sale - grandma has asthma and the doctor told us it would be best to give her away

Time Scale – How Urgent? Flexible

Has the Cat ever been in Rescue No

Location sheffield

Age & Sex female

Vaccinated & Wormed yes

Neutered & Micro chipped she is neutered but not micro chipped

Breed/ Mix

Colour/markings

Long/Shorthaired

Live in / Or in and out-in and out

Used to a cat flap no

Ever lived with other cats/dogs/other animals no

Any Current or Historical Health or Psychological Issues

Temperament no

OK with Dogs / Cats yes

Can the Cat be picked up and put in a basket without risk of scratching yes

Can the Cat be groomed without risk of scratching no

Good or Bad with Children good

Dislike of Men or Women no

Housetrained yes

Any further General Information you can share.

I have a cat she is white and ginger. Im giving her way as my grandma has asthma. The cat is very well trained. She never does her business in the house. She is very clean and loyal.

Edited by Mariyah786
Adding template

Please be careful who you give your cat to as there are some not nice people out there.. You want her to go to a good home and genuine cat lovers will not mind paying a small adoption fee. I worry when I see cats being given away for free x

Please please Put a price on the cat as anyone could take it in and possibly used as dog bait

Thank you both for telling me and giving me this good advice you are right. How much should i sell it for?

I wouldn't so much think about price as checkout the potential homes. If you make a home visit to potential homes ..... see if they're on a safe road for cats, that people either own their home or have permission from landlord to have a cat, that people have thought seriously about the cost and commitment of having a cat ... over possibly the next 20 years. Make sure she's spayed and vaccinated and microchipped before she goes anywhere else.

Hi Hun, thank you so much for taking on our advice, I'd ask anything from 20-40 pounds, this just ensures that if someone is prepared to give a small amount then there less likely to use it as bait, obviously before anyone jumps on me we all know not everyone does xxxx good luck hope you get him a forever home xx

I agree, very sound advice from midgecat and pinupkeza. Some vets have notice boards in their waiting rooms where you can put up a card to advertise that your cat is needing a good new home and at least most of the people who see it there will be animal lovers. Do your best for her - the direction your cat's future life will take, is in your hands and it's a big responsibility. Lots of luck in finding her a really good new home xx

Hi Hun, thank you so much for taking on our advice, I'd ask anything from 20-40 pounds, this just ensures that if someone is prepared to give a small amount then there less likely to use it as bait, obviously before anyone jumps on me we all know not everyone does xxxx good luck hope you get him a forever home xx

Thanks so much for the advice. I will try my best to ensure my cat goes to a loving home xxx

---------- Post added 07-07-2015 at 01:38 ----------

I agree, very sound advice from midgecat and pinupkeza. Some vets have notice boards in their waiting rooms where you can put up a card to advertise that your cat is needing a good new home and at least most of the people who see it there will be animal lovers. Do your best for her - the direction your cat's future life will take, is in your hands and it's a big responsibility. Lots of luck in finding her a really good new home xx

Thank you so much for the advice i will give it a try! I will make sure she goes to a loving home. Xx