Is it ok to walk in London with an "ISIS" flag?

Organised crime and contract killing is totally different to expressing an opinion.

I shouldn't have to explain the difference, but in your case it seems necessary.

I express an opinion "I think all Jews should be killed"

I pay you > To kill Jews - is contract killing.

In traditional organised crime, the boss doesn't pay. He is in fact in receipt of a cut of the crime proceeds of the crimes of his subordinates. It's a quasi-governmental arrangement.

What is the purpose of showing an IS flag if not to encourage support, either financial or direct, for that organisation and its criminal activities?

What makes IS different from a domestic organised crime syndicate?

Is advising somebody how to join IS, or encouraging them to do so a crime?

Is giving money intended to reach IS, or facilitate somebody who wants to join in doing so, a crime?

I don't believe that the clear disconnection you envisage between words or expression and action exists.

In traditional organised crime, the boss doesn't pay. He is in fact in receipt of a cut of the crime proceeds of the crimes of his subordinates. It's a quasi-governmental arrangement.

What is the purpose of showing an IS flag if not to encourage support, either financial or direct, for that organisation and its criminal activities?

What makes IS different from a domestic organised crime syndicate?

Is advising somebody how to join IS, or encouraging them to do so a crime?

Is giving money intended to reach IS, or facilitate somebody who wants to join in doing so, a crime?

I don't believe that the clear disconnection you envisage between words or expression and action exists.

Of course there is a clear distinction. I pay / order someone to kill = Contract killing - a crime!

I express an opinion " I think all Jews should be killed" just an opinion - no crime.

Of course there is a clear distinction. I pay / order someone to kill = Contract killing - a crime!

I express an opinion " I think all Jews should be killed" just an opinion - no crime.

You've ignore the bulk of my last post. I presume that's because you can't counter it.

Thank you for your honesty. (Timeh-whatever).

Now what I'm about to post is considered a "dirty trick". As you think it's ok to parade about displaying the flag of an organisation that carries out atrocities ; presumably you are a supporter of ISIS ?

Of course I'm offended by someone parading about ,draped in the flag of a murderous death cult.It's quite a natural reaction (another dirty trick, insinuating that your reaction and lack of offence is unnatural ).

I'm equally offended by the activities of the National Front ,EDF and the BNP-just for good measure (all of which I've opposed on the streets) . You see in my book ,not to be offended by the guy in the ISIS flag is indicative of moral imbecility .

NB. Of course I'm aware of the intricacies of the politically redundant squirming

"who is more to blame" argument you make. But as I've said, such political self

flagellation doesn't solve anything.

Ting-a-ling,so it goes.

Really-how did you come to that conclusion?!

ISIS is part of the US foreign policy that messed up Iraq- get over it.

From what we have seem, there will surely be more ISISs and America will be behind all of them, directly or indirectly.

With their war on terror America has already done so much damage to the world that cannot be reconciled or repaired in the near future.

Bush and his cronies left a total mess after the invasion of Iraq- read any article on ISIS and the general consensus is that America paved the way for them..with the help of some allies they 'use'.

Just as they did when the supplied ammo/guns to the Taliban in the 80s.

Get over it. Here's one good read for you. It a shared problem for sure, with many others scrapping along with America to ensure they get their pot of gold.

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/25/6065529/isis-rise

Here we go again. It is all the fault of the evil West that these otherwise mild, peaceful people in the Islamic world are turning on each other with such savagery. I get sick and tired listening to this self-flagellating nonsense. Tribal and sectarian conflicts have existed amongst these people for centuries. No matter what your brand of violence is you will find a hook for it in Islamic scriptures.

you overlook the fact that ISIS in name may be new but islamic extremism isn't. ISIS are but an offshoot that loops back to Wahhabism from Saudi Arabia et al. It's an ongoing problem, and it's likely to continue even if ISIS doesn't.

btw/

I was talking to your mate Allah recently and he told me that he doesn't really do religion anymore on earth and has decided that the whole Earth experiment will be left to wither and die.His present project is in the Andromeda galaxy apparently and will take a few million years ...the last time I spoke to him he seemed distracted and was muttering things like"This time round definitely no free will and females will be in charge":o.Sounds ludicrous doesn't it but is it any different from the things that you believers say allah does.

Anybody got a view on what might happen, if he tried it on the streets of Paris ?

Organised crime and contract killing is totally different to expressing an opinion.

I shouldn't have to explain the difference, but in your case it seems necessary.

I express an opinion "I think all Jews should be killed"

I pay you > To kill Jews - is contract killing.

Saying you think all Jews should be killed would likely be seen as inciting racial hatred... which is a crime.

IS is a banned organisation and supporting it is a crime. There is no freedom of speech trump card.... it is illegal.

Anyone who is not offended by someone supporting IS should take a long hard look at themselves. They are not shining examples of tolerance... they are nothing more than cowardly capitulators.

You've ignore the bulk of my last post. I presume that's because you can't counter it.

You really should already know the answer, it really is quite simple.

You can (or AFIK are allowed to) express an opinion about anything you like, you cannot be punished for what you think. Thought crimes are not (yet) illegal.

You can (or AFIK are allowed to) show support for any legally registered organisation you like, it is ONLY illegal ACTIONS which are punishable. Agreeing with an organisation is not (yet) illegal.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 11:29 ----------

Saying you think all Jews should be killed would likely be seen as inciting racial hatred... which is a crime.

IS is a banned organisation and supporting it is a crime. There is no freedom of speech trump card.... it is illegal.

Anyone who is not offended by someone supporting IS should take a long hard look at themselves. They are not shining examples of tolerance... they are nothing more than cowardly capitulators.

No, inciting hatred would be using threatening, abusive or insulting language. ‘I think’ is not (yet) deemed threatening, abusive or insulting under UK law.

Edited by gwhite78

No, inciting hatred would be using threatening, abusive or insulting language. ‘I think’ is not (yet) deemed threatening, abusive or insulting under UK law.

You are plain and simply wrong. Propagating a view that people of a particular religion or race should be murdered in inciting racial hatred. I'd advise you against testing your interpretation.

You are plain and simply wrong. Propagating a view that people of a particular religion or race should be murdered in inciting racial hatred. I'd advise you against testing your interpretation.

No you're wrong. Saying what YOU THINK should happen to a person or group of people is not (yet) punishable. The state cannot police the minds and thoughts of individuals. Although I'm sure our Orwellian govt is working on it...

No you're wrong. Saying what YOU THINK should happen to a person or group of people is not (yet) punishable. The state cannot police the minds and thoughts of individuals. Although I'm sure our Orwellian govt is working on it...

Nobody is policing thoughts.

There always have been and probably always will be, some limits on the use of free speech in extreme cases. You can think whatever you want, but if it's extreme enough and you express it in public, you'll be in trouble. Get over it.

There always have been and probably always will be, some limits on the use of free speech in extreme cases. You can think whatever you want, but if it's extreme enough and you express it in public, you'll be in trouble. Get over it.

When you put limits on what people can think you are policing their thoughts.

Who decides what is offensive, and what isnt?

Should only those people with thoughts similar to yourself be allowed to express them?

Who should and who shouldn't have free speech?

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 12:41 ----------

I want your views banned as I find them fascists and extreme.