Is it ok to walk in London with an "ISIS" flag?

And everyone should be allowed to express their opinions and beliefs. Freedom of speech is for EVERYONE. Not just people with views you approve of.

The right to say these things is one of the cornerstones of a free democratic society.

What you consider extreme is considered reasonable by others, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

IS have no interest in other peoples' freedom.

Quite the reverse in fact.

IS have no interest in other peoples' freedom.

Quite the reverse in fact.

In your opinion, IS have just as much right to express their ideologies and beliefs as much as you or anyone else.

We should judge and charge people on what they do, not on what they say.

Edited by gwhite78

In your opinion, IS have just as much right to express their ideologies and beliefs as much as you or anyone else.

They're expressing the right to treat women as sex slaves.

They're also expressing the right to murder homosexuals by throwing them off buildings.

And the right to destroy our collective heritage.

Also, the right to behead people on TV.

Basically the right to do anything they want to anybody they take against.

These are not exceptional things which are committed in the heat of battle by a minority. This is their way of life. It's the nature of the world they're trying to create.

They can sod right off.

Anybody displaying an IS flag is supporting these horrific ideas and supporting such crimes is, in of itself, a crime.

If somebody wants to express support for the idea of a caliphate, that's their right. If they want to express support for a huge gang of murderous rapists I want them locked up.

They're expressing the right to treat women as sex slaves.

They're also expressing the right to murder homosexuals by throwing them off buildings.

And the right to destroy our collective heritage.

Also, the right to behead people on TV.

Basically the right to do anything they want to anybody they take against.

These are not exceptional things which are committed in the heat of battle by a minority. This is their way of life. It's the nature of the world they're trying to create.

They can sod right off.

Anybody displaying an IS flag is supporting these horrific ideas and supporting such crimes is, in of itself, a crime.

If somebody wants to express support for the idea of a caliphate, that's their right. If they want to express support for a huge gang of murderous rapists I want them locked up.

If I point somebody out in the street and say, in all seriousness, that they should be killed; and the person I'm talking to goes and kills them; I've committed a crime.

This is no different.

If I point somebody out in the street and say, in all seriousness, that they should be killed; and the person I'm talking to goes and kills them; I've committed a crime.

This is no different.

You can express an opinion that said person should be killed. It is then up to the person if they choose listen to you and follow it through.

It is up to us as individuals to pick and chose who we listen to, who we follow, and what we choose to beleive, not those that say it.

Eg - I might say "I think all Jews should be killed' my opinion. You choose to listen to me and kill all Jews. We should judge and charge people on what they do, not on what they say.

Edited by gwhite78

You can express an opinion that said person should be killed. It is then up to the person if they choose listen to you and follow it through.

It is up to us as individuals to pick and chose who we listen to, who we follow, and what we choose to beleive, not those that say it.

Eg - I might say "I think all Jews should be killed' my opinion. You choose to listen to me and kill all Jews. We should judge and charge people on what they do, not on what they say.

Rubbish.

There is a standard in these cases that you would have to have a reasonable expectation that the murder you were advocating would be carried out.

In the case of IS, there is clear evidence that by supporting them you're meeting that standard.

As a matter of principle if you did what you did in your example, and one or more of the people you were talking to acted on it, you'd be guilty of ordering a genocide and be among the worst criminals in history.

Rubbish.

There is a standard in these cases that you would have to have a reasonable expectation that the murder you were advocating would be carried out.

In the case of IS, there is clear evidence that by supporting them you're meeting that standard.

As a matter of principle if you did what you did in your example, and one or more of the people you were talking to acted on it, you'd be guilty of ordering a genocide and be among the worst criminals in history.

Expressing an opinion you consider extreme should not warrant a custodial sentence, we should judge and charge people on what they do, not on what they say.

What you're advocating is charging people with thought crimes, very 1984, however without unrestricted free-speech you may not be allowed to express this opinion.

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.

Are you seriously suggesting I or others should imprisoned for expressing an opinion that all Jews should be killed? If so what are you smoking?

Edited by gwhite78

Im all for free speach as i can choose to not listen, i cant choose to not see something though.

Well you've chosen not to see sense.

....youre obviously far too clever for me to question eh.

That may be the first thing you've got right in this thread. :clap:

Crazy that in America they are trying to ban the Confederate flag yet here we are allowing people to walk around brazenly flying the ISIS flag.

If (supposedly) the thing these Muslim extremists hate about the West is our freedoms (George Bush, Sept. 20, 2001), surely the more freedoms we have, they more it'll annoy them?

Perhaps the best way to fight them is by having more freedom, not less?

Nope, better to curtail our freedoms, that way they might like us a bit more.

ISIS sprang from Islam.get over it.

Sometimes the west is not responsible for everything.get over that too.

Really-how did you come to that conclusion?!

ISIS is part of the US foreign policy that messed up Iraq- get over it.

From what we have seem, there will surely be more ISISs and America will be behind all of them, directly or indirectly.

With their war on terror America has already done so much damage to the world that cannot be reconciled or repaired in the near future.

Bush and his cronies left a total mess after the invasion of Iraq- read any article on ISIS and the general consensus is that America paved the way for them..with the help of some allies they 'use'.

Just as they did when the supplied ammo/guns to the Taliban in the 80s.

Get over it. Here's one good read for you. It a shared problem for sure, with many others scrapping along with America to ensure they get their pot of gold.

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/25/6065529/isis-rise

Edited by Guest

Expressing an opinion you consider extreme should not warrant a custodial sentence, we should judge and charge people on what they do, not on what they say.

What you're advocating is charging people with thought crimes, very 1984, however without unrestricted free-speech you may not be allowed to express this opinion.

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.

Are you seriously suggesting I or others should imprisoned for expressing an opinion that all Jews should be killed? If so what are you smoking?

You can say what you want except for advocating crimes.

By your standard an organised crime boss who routinely orders that crimes be committed would be guilty of nothing, only those following the orders would be subject to prosecution.

You can say what you want except for advocating crimes.

By your standard an organised crime boss who routinely orders that crimes be committed would be guilty of nothing, only those following the orders would be subject to prosecution.

Organised crime and contract killing is totally different to expressing an opinion.

I shouldn't have to explain the difference, but in your case it seems necessary.

I express an opinion "I think all Jews should be killed"

I pay you > To kill Jews - is contract killing.