Crap broadband please help!

skiprat2

I've have tv, broadband & phone with sky. I have a desk top computer, laptop, smart tv android box, blue ray dvd. Not to mention phones. I find that several items buffer or freeze. what is my issue?? Thank you

Sky's best package is Sky Fibre Unlimited.

The best speed should be any Sky Fibre, but it depends how heavily you use it as to which package you can get away with. Unlimited just means you don't have to worry about that.

It depends exactly what is freezing. If YouTube is freezing then make sure you have the latest version of FLASH and if that fails try using Google Chrome as the web browser, it generally has the best FLASH integration.

If all those devices are having freezes it may just be your WiFi that is clashing with your neighbours. I get terrible freezes when that happens.

Are any of your devices physically plugged into the router and do they still freeze then?

Cheers for that, I live in a ground floor flat. Would fibre broadband eliminate the problem??

Also EE are offering a tv, phone broadband package which would save £30 after 1st 6months does anybody have EE's broadband & is it any good

Try physically plugging one of your devices into the router and see if the problem remains.

If it does, its a broadband problem. If it doesn't, its a WiFi problem.

Just remember to turn the WiFi off on the device you plug in to ensure its actually using the wired connection.

Also: https://www.cable.co.uk/guides/is-ee-fibre-broadband-any-good/

It may also be worth ringing Sky to see if they will offer you a deal on Fibre, IF you can get it and are not already on it.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Virgin`s 152 mb package..:)

Sorry weex1 I wanted to know what current speeds skiprat2 was getting at the moment.

Thanks anyway - I'm well jealous of yours as I'm stuck on 18mb ADSL via Sky. No Virgin or Fibre available at my house at present but hopefully things will improve next year thanks to this http://www.superfastsouthyorkshire.co.uk :)

Sorry weex1 I wanted to know what current speeds skiprat2 was getting at the moment.

Thanks anyway - I'm well jealous of yours as I'm stuck on 18mb ADSL via Sky. No Virgin or Fibre available at my house at present but hopefully things will improve next year thanks to this http://www.superfastsouthyorkshire.co.uk :)

18 mb is not so bad...:)

When I moved to my current address, I was getting 0.5 mbs..

Called Sky, had 2 engineers visit, none helped :)

I am with Virgin right now, and I am getting stable 52 mbs