The BBQ Collective @ The Hop

Bit of a change of direction for The Hop on Devonshire Green

http://www.thehop-sheffield.com/

THE HOP SHEFFIELD IS NOW CLOSED FOR REFURBISHMENT AND WILL REOPEN AS *THE BBQ COLLECTIVE @ THE HOP*

ON FRIDAY 31ST JULY 2015, FROM 4PM SELLING THE BEST AMERICAN BBQ FOOD IN TOWN ALONGSIDE THE USUAL GREAT BEERS AND LIVE MUSIC FROM THE HOP!!!

WE WILL BE OPEN AS A BAR ACROSS TRAMLINES WEEKEND FRIDAY 24TH TO SUNDAY 26TH JULY WHERE WE WE WILL BE SHOWCASING SOME OF THE BEST OF LOCAL SHEFFIELD MUSIC TALENT.

Sounds ideal for Tramlines weekend but not sure about it's long term appeal. Last time I went in the Hop, I had a sample of one beer and it wasn't good so opted for a half of something else. It was then apparent that that one was 'off', so I left. Not been in for a long while as there's plenty more appealing places nearby IMO.

Sounds ideal for Tramlines weekend but not sure about it's long term appeal. Last time I went in the Hop, I had a sample of one beer and it wasn't good so opted for a half of something else. It was then apparent that that one was 'off', so I left. Not been in for a long while as there's plenty more appealing places nearby IMO.

I can see why they would be heading in this direction. I think that the craft beer / street food combination is they up-and-coming thing right now, as can be seen in places like Bundobust in Leeds and Pie & Ale in Manchester.

And The Hop is in a prime location for doing this sort of thing. Also worth noting that The Hop in York is totally different to the Sheffield one, with stone baked pizza being the main draw.

However, the Sheffield Hop is not generally a place I warm to, and Beers from Osset and Rat don't appeal to me as much as some of the beer you can get in other nearby venues.

I can see why they would be heading in this direction. I think that the craft beer / street food combination is they up-and-coming thing right now, as can be seen in places like Bundobust in Leeds and Pie & Ale in Manchester.

And The Hop is in a prime location for doing this sort of thing. Also worth noting that The Hop in York is totally different to the Sheffield one, with stone baked pizza being the main draw.

However, the Sheffield Hop is not generally a place I warm to, and Beers from Osset and Rat don't appeal to me as much as some of the beer you can get in other nearby venues.

I agree about Ossett beers. They basically brew the same one over and over again... I actual think Rat are better. The Rat Crafted on keg is surpriisingly good.

Always liked The Hop but do think it lost it's way a bit. This might be an improvement. If you've ever been to the one in York they have a full -on pizza restaurant at the back - and it's always busy.

Good idea, great location, wrong company running it. As it will be mainly Ossett and Rat beers what has amazing potential will end up being disappointing. If there was more scope for a wide range of beers and maybe more towards the craft end (yes I know this will cause arguments) then it would draw more customers

Good idea, great location, wrong company running it. As it will be mainly Ossett and Rat beers what has amazing potential will end up being disappointing. If there was more scope for a wide range of beers and maybe more towards the craft end (yes I know this will cause arguments) then it would draw more customers

Agreed. Personally I prefer Anchorage these days. Their range of beer is better.

Bit of a change of direction for The Hop on Devonshire Green

it does sound like a pub looking for an identity.