Air con For my bedroom

Need an air on unit fitting in my bedroom where's best place to go please?

Need an air on unit fitting in my bedroom where's best place to go please?

Er ... a butcher's shop? :huh:

Are you sure you want the expense of having a device that will work a few weeks a year but will be off most of the rest? You could try one of the Dyson's airblades? Recently worked in a room that had one and was very impressed that it did indeed cool the room and it was very quiet, I heard the whir of the PC over the noise from the fan.

Are you looking for a portable one or a permanent fixture??

Alcoblog if anyone has ever told you your they were lying ...

To the other replies I was considering the bladeless Dyson but was wondering how much difference would be if went down other route

You're better off getting a 3 in 1 type of unit that would work as an air conditioner during the summer, and a dehumidifier during the winter (when you're more likely to want to keep windows closed and heat in)

It all depends how much you actually want to spend. There's some units available in Machine Mart I know, but they run to similar prices as the expensive dyson fans.

Alcoblog if anyone has ever told you your they were lying ...

To the other replies I was considering the bladeless Dyson but was wondering how much difference would be if went down other route

As you said 'Need an air on unit fitting in my bedroom ...' I take the emphasis on 'fitting' ... not some kind of portable air conditioning device which can be bought practically anywhere (John Lewis for starters).

If you need one 'fitting', a simple Google 'household air conditioning suppliers in Sheffield' comes up with several choices. Personally, I'd go for a portable device so that you can (obviously) move it room to room at your leisure, unless you specifically want to spend a fortune on something that you can only use in one room ... only for a few weeks a year? :)

I put a three speed ceiling fan in the bedroom early last year, it's almost silent and worth it's weight in gold in this weather. and cheap.

If you want a permanent air conditioning unit fitting such as this wall mounted Daikin one you need an outside wall and a fair amount of cash - they are not cheap. However, they are super efficient, remote controlled and can be used in winter to warm the bedroom up.

Thanks guys has anyone got one of the Dyson bladeless fans?

Are they ok?

I've got air con in my lounge and bedroom and it's been a godsend these past few days. Home air con is something we don't seem to have a lot of in this country maybe because we don't always have the weather for it. Mine can also operate in heat mode as well as cooling mode. There is a wall mounted unit in each room which is remote controlled. These are then connected by pipework to the main heat exchanger unit outside (one for each wall unit). The total cost for fitting both was £1950 but this was about 4 years ago. Best advice is to get a couple of qoutes and go from there. Best thing about having a wall mounted unit is that it's almost silent on operation so won't keep you awake at night.

Edited by Paddy