Thornton's Chocolates

Does anyone have any memories or remember where the Thornton's chocolate factory was on Stalker Lees Road

I don't remember it on Stalker Lees, but I remember it very well on Archer Road opposite Laycocks.

Does anyone have any memories or remember where the Thornton's chocolate factory was on Stalker Lees Road

As PT states, its now new flats called something like Archer Court Apartments. If you look on the map its where Archer Rd almost meets Smithy Wood Cres.

Edited by only_me

Thank you for that. However according to Thornton's publicity it was on Stalker Lees in the 1930's. I just wondered if anyone had any memories of it, or knew where it was exactly on Stalker Lees.

Love Thornton's chocs. Every time I visit Halifax Nova Scotia I buy some. And I remember the Chocolate Kabin (?) where the first store opened up, not far from Fitzalan Square.

Thank you for that. However according to Thornton's publicity it was on Stalker Lees in the 1930's. I just wondered if anyone had any memories of it, or knew where it was exactly on Stalker Lees.

You probably know they were only there about three years, they then moved to Archer Road. http://thorntons.networxrecruitment.net/whoAreWe/HowWeStarted

My wife worked a the Archer road factory from the early seventy's till it closed in 1989..

Quite a few people I've spoken to can remember Thornton's being on Archer Road, but no one call recall them being on Stalker Lees Road, I've walked up and down the road and there in no sign of where the chocolate factory once was, although their website say it was there. I'd like someone to give a hint as to where the factory was.

Wasn't there a Thornton's toffee factory up Millhouses someplace at one time? A firm I worked for did building maintenance there back in the 50's.

Wasn't there a Thornton's toffee factory up Millhouses someplace at one time? A firm I worked for did building maintenance there back in the 50's.

do you mean the one on archer road, millhouses, as mentioned by me a few posts back?

Re Archer Road, isn't there a supermarket on that site now?