Sheffield Sky Ride

Can we have a Sheffield Sky ride thread in here please? Wasn't happy that you closed down the other one and directed the person who created it to "the other thread" about it, which not being on the sport section was instead almost entirely people moaning about cyclists and road closures and how we don't deserve to use their precious road!

Really excited about this, got my road bike last year and haven't been on it as much as I would have liked. If I am honest I get a bit nervous cycling round Sheffield as not originally from here and not really used to cycling on the road.

Was booked on this last year but didn't attend as it was drilling it down. Some rain forecast Sunday but should hopefully miss this.

Can we have a Sheffield Sky ride thread in here please? Wasn't happy that you closed down the other one and directed the person who created it to "the other thread" about it, which not being on the sport section was instead almost entirely people moaning about cyclists and road closures and how we don't deserve to use their precious road!

Really excited about this, got my road bike last year and haven't been on it as much as I would have liked. If I am honest I get a bit nervous cycling round Sheffield as not originally from here and not really used to cycling on the road.

Was booked on this last year but didn't attend as it was drilling it down. Some rain forecast Sunday but should hopefully miss this.

Here's this year's thread on the Skyride.

Yes I did, hence why I referenced it and asked if this thread was okay, a thread for cyclists and sports fans to discuss it, not for motorists to moan about it.

Sorry I misunderstood, I'm afraid that any thread about cycling will be bogged down by the ignorant.

No worries, yeah it's a shame. I have noticed that. Like I mentioned I don't cycle as much as I would like but even before I started I would never moan about those that did when I was driving about.

No worries, yeah it's a shame. I have noticed that. Like I mentioned I don't cycle as much as I would like but even before I started I would never moan about those that did when I was driving about.

I guess that haters will always hate.

Due to family commitments I too don't get out as much as I want to as well, so I rely on my commute to get the miles in.

I will be getting my bike around the 10th, just too late for this years :(

I'll be cycling to work every day as it is a great bit of cardio that will hopefully be a bit less intense on my shins than playing Footy twice a week. It also works different muscle groups, so I'm looking forward to getting it.

Cycling up Rutland Rd at 9pm on a Winters Tuesday after footy training is going to be "interesting".