Have you moved away from Sheffield?

Born in Sheffield in 1983 and after living in Beighton, Hillsborough and Malin Bridge, moved to a village called Whitwell near Worksop in 1990/91. After 10 years in Whitwell, moved back to Sheffield and lived in Intake before going to Uni in Lincoln. Have lived in Lincolnshire ever since and currently live near Grimsby. Might be back in Sheffield if my girlfriend successfully applies for a job she is interested in!

Sheffield born and bred - holidays abroad, but no where like home - friendliest city in the world!

I often get an urge to move away from Sheffield not because i don,t like it here but to broaden or change a life style i have been acustomed to for 43 years.

I would like to hear from anyone who has done that and where and what they are doing now.

I am a family man so stories from single people who have moved to Ibiza for a better nightlife and more birds is,nt relevant in my case.

Have you moved abroad or stayed in this country, Is it the best thing you ever did or can,t wait to get back to Sheffield.

All your stories would be welcome wether they are horror stories or pure bliss and any recomendations would also be adeared to.

Hi paul i was brought up on Raisen Hall rd.moved to Gleadless 66 left for Africa in 68 returned late 70s.Africa was the best move i have ever made now live on the south coast regards Dave B

Born and bred in Darnall 54 years ago then moved to Pitsmoor where I knew some of the people on here and in this thread,then on to Page Hall and finally Walkley. Moved to a village in Lincolnshire 24 years ago and don't really regret it.We have everything we need in the village which is now a small town really. Cinema,Swimming baths,Library and loads of countryside 5 minutes walk away. Don't get back to Sheffield much as all my family have either died or moved away. Last time was about 18 months ago and I got lost driving through the city centre, totally unrecognisable especially the Wicker. Having no hole int road is just weird :)

Hi paul i was brought up on Raisen Hall rd.moved to Gleadless 66 left for Africa in 68 returned late 70s.Africa was the best move i have ever made now live on the south coast regards Dave B

Hi paul I moved to Ontario Canada in 1974 with 4 kids no regrets best move I ever made then things were not looking in Sheffield so we moved it was big but I had a trade that made it better

sheffield born and bred - holidays abroad, but no where like home - friendliest city in the world!

are you sure

well not yet how do i get out of this hole just waiting for kid toget to 16 then ill look at moveing possibly aus but getting older may not help me with jobs

i was brought up on plowman street darnall until i was 12 then moved to Hackenthorpe with my brother and parents after getting married in 1975 i moved the short distance to Doncaster and have lived there ever since but i would move back to sheffield like a shot if i could get my hubby to agree

I lived in Sheffield most of my life but I moved to Tenerife when I was 69 It was the best thing I did,way of life is better the Canarians are very friendly people and we have made more friends than I did in sheffield.The way of life is a lot slower but we do go back to see our family but glad to get back on the plane to Tenerife.One promblem you have out here is the same as the U.K theres no work.

@ Eccleshall,

I live in Keystone Heights between Jacksonville and Gainesville, where are you.

Re post by "upinwath" - whereabouts are you in Indonesia ? - I moved my engineering/heavy fabrication business to Malaysia, area by the name of Wangsa Baiduri, Subang Jaya, State of Selangor in 2006.

I agree with you Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei etc - excellent places to live and work - I love the weather and the relaxing lifestyle not to mention the low prices. - 9-38pm Wednesday and "it ain't 'alf 'ot Mum"

Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, Malaysia