Have you moved away from Sheffield?

I moved away many yrs ago, lived all over the world, I had married an american, I have now lived in Colorado for 25 yrs...Gods country, been home manty times over the yeras, BUT three years ago I went home for holiday.....and was shocked. no Sheffield is not the Sheffield I remember, and England not the England......down town , so many languages , sorry I loved sheffield, people on what are they called boubers, veils, robes , what ever ....not for me.I will always value my child hood there and friends, but could never live there again

I moved away many yrs ago, lived all over the world, I had married an american, I have now lived in Colorado for 25 yrs...Gods country, been home manty times over the yeras, BUT three years ago I went home for holiday.....and was shocked. no Sheffield is not the Sheffield I remember, and England not the England......down town , so many languages , sorry I loved sheffield, people on what are they called boubers, veils, robes , what ever ....not for me.I will always value my child hood there and friends, but could never live there again

My thoughts exactly, Sheffield was great growing up, not a place that I would want to be now. I miss the old Sheffield, I don;t miss to-days Sheffield.

I've worked all over the world and now live in Thailand for the past 16 years.

Lived in Darnall and then Richmond growing up.

Married, went to Wincobank and then Handsworth.

Now live in Sudbury,Ontario,Canada - love it.

Sheffield was great as a kid but not now.

Lived in Darnall and then Richmond growing up.

Married, went to Wincobank and then Handsworth.

Now live in Sudbury,Ontario,Canada - love it.

Sheffield was great as a kid but not now.

HI Kay I live in Portdover ont and lived in Canada 37 years before i came here I lved in Tinsley Sheffield Ihave been back once and did not recognize the place Brian

I lived Sheffield for over 20 years, born & raised there, went back every single year for the following 40 years , I think I've spent more time in Sheffield than a lot of people on the Sheffield Forum have, won't be going back again though...been there done that :D

Re post by "upinwath" - whereabouts are you in Indonesia ?

I was in Central Java but I'm in Jakarta now. Hot but, as I'm British, I won't wear "hats like plates" (Gowd - that's am old one).

I was once told Ireland is OK to visit but you wouldn't want to live there - Should've bl**dy listened!

Hi Brian ( HAMPSON )

Never been to PortDover. Go lots of places for car shows as my hubby loves cars especially Jags.

He's born and bred Sheffield too.

We go back to Sheffield once a year to visit and do some business there.

Always happy to come home to Canada.

Kay1965

Was born in Sheffield and left when i was 12. Now live in Canada and my family says its the best thing we could have done. Live in a city called Canbridge which 60 miles from Tornto and even closer to Hamilton. Anyone want to chat send me an email.

Oh by the way left Sheffield in 1965.

Bye

I left Sheffield in 88 and live in Cambridge, Ontario too. Are you still in Cambridge?

Hello This is my first post. I was born in 1943 in Dunlop Street, my parents moved to the south coast to give us a 'better life' I wenr kicking and screaming in 1943 and returned every year until at the age of 16 I discovered boys but still returned every year foe a holiday. My husband and I now have retired to the Mayenne in France but, I am still a Yorkshire Lass, you just cannot take Sheffield out of the girl.

I was born Irene Richardson et 326 Dunlop Street my Mum was Joyce Haythorne and my Grandad George Haythorne. I would live to hear from any family or anyone who remembers us.

Born in 1937, raised in lower manor near pipworth rd school. Joined the RAF in 1956 and was posted to Australia in 1957. Met and married the light of my life in1960, then returned to the UK that year. Finished in the RAF in 1968 and immediately made plans to return to Aus. Been living here ever since, and was certainly the best move I ever made. Recently we returned to Sheffield for a visit after an absence of 42 years. God, has the place changed, and unfortunately not for the better, got hopelessly lost the first day here with all the changes with one-way streets and no entries. Just looking the shops makes you wonder if you're still in Yorkshire. Unfortunately our trip was in summer so wasn't able to see the mighty Owls who I still follow with great interest and hope of their return to the top division. So other than following Wednesday, doing a spot of fishing and going to Leeds(I know, wash your mouth out) to watch the cricket, there's not much to draw me back again. Sorry to be wingeing pom, but I was disappointed with my birthplace.

Yes I moved to Cheshire for 15 years and have recently moved back to Sheffield! Missed it too much!!! There really is no place like home and that is Sheffield!! It's a beautiful city with beautiful people!