Deradicalisation

a typical anal retentive undergraduate response plus the only insight you can come up with is that they're pathological :huh:

You obviously dont realise that alot of these guys (British Pakistanis) will grow up in a household where females are still severely subjugated, so they become conditioned with a sense of their own supreme seriousness and historical importance as males. No matter how stupid in reality, they're always magically and automatically right and correct. This is the first key distortion. A key contributing factor to the fact that it doesn't take much for a lot of S. Asian males to become self-righteous if they are inclined to be... A culture of misogyny and the licence this gives to parade unbalanced masculine behaviours needs to really be given more serious attention by those who attempt to address extremism from within their own communities.

Add to this an innate aimless waywardness of the proverbial loser, a propensity for melodrama and self-pity, potential drug use, historical tales of persecution to feed the brain, marginalisation--coupled with the seductive, egotistical pull of taking a central place in history, and the supernatural immunity given to you by being blessed by your God in your chosen special vocation--then you can kind of begin to see why they follow the Jihadi call l. They begin to engineer that belly for horror. These are weak, self-deceiving men. And these kinds of men always have a central role to play in the history of violence.

I have to go back on my promise. Since you insist on making it personal.

I suggested you confused "conviction" with "pathological"-that's all and you kick off !! (with the above).

You are obviously the kind of person who likes to have the last word (IMO).

And you've done it again-posted a mixture of generalisations,cod sociology and soap boxing. Just stop for a moment and read ,"It doesn't take much for a lot of S.Asian males to become self righteous -if they are inclined to be" and you might get my point.

I'll repeat for your sake. To understand the "mind set" of the individuals who are participants /recruits to ISIS; requires the application of the insightful procedures found in Psychiatry -nothing more and nothing less.

Signing off with a word of advice . Take a chill pill and resist the urge to hector. Ting-a - ling.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 14:16 ----------

a typical anal retentive undergraduate response plus the only insight you can come up with is that they're pathological :huh:

You obviously dont realise that alot of these guys (British Pakistanis) will grow up in a household where females are still severely subjugated, so they become conditioned with a sense of their own supreme seriousness and historical importance as males. No matter how stupid in reality, they're always magically and automatically right and correct. This is the first key distortion. A key contributing factor to the fact that it doesn't take much for a lot of S. Asian males to become self-righteous if they are inclined to be... A culture of misogyny and the licence this gives to parade unbalanced masculine behaviours needs to really be given more serious attention by those who attempt to address extremism from within their own communities.

Add to this an innate aimless waywardness of the proverbial loser, a propensity for melodrama and self-pity, potential drug use, historical tales of persecution to feed the brain, marginalisation--coupled with the seductive, egotistical pull of taking a central place in history, and the supernatural immunity given to you by being blessed by your God in your chosen special vocation--then you can kind of begin to see why they follow the Jihadi call l. They begin to engineer that belly for horror. These are weak, self-deceiving men. And these kinds of men always have a central role to play in the history of violence.

I suggested you confused "conviction" with "pathological"-that's all and you kick off !! (with the above).

And you've done it again-posted a mixture of generalisations,cod sociology and soap boxing. Just stop for a moment and read ,"It doesn't take much for a lot of A.Asian males to become self righteous -if they are inclined to be" and you might get my point.

I'll repeat for your shake. To understand the "mind set" of the individuals who are participants /recruits to ISIS; requires the application of the insightful procedures found in Psychiatry -nothing more and nothing less.

Signing off with a word of advice . Take a chill pill and resist the urge to hector. Ting-a - ling.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 14:22 ----------

And you've done it again-posted a mixture of generalisations,cod sociology and soap boxing. Just stop for a moment and read ,"It doesn't take much for a lot of A.Asian males to become self righteous -if they are inclined to be" and you might get my point.

I'll repeat for your shake. To understand the "mind set" of the individuals who are participants /recruits to ISIS; requires the application of the insightful procedures found in Psychiatry -nothing more and nothing less.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 14:27 ----------

Managed to post it 3 times ! I apologise . Didn't mean to . My anally retentive hand had a mind of its own !!

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 14:28 ----------

Edited by petemcewan

Religion is the problem, so best route to de-radicalising is to remove religion from the equation...encourage them to ditch their medieval faith and join the modern godless secular society.

And you've done it again-posted a mixture of generalisations,cod sociology and soap boxing. Just stop for a moment and read ,"It doesn't take much for a lot of S.Asian males to become self righteous -if they are inclined to be" and you might get my point.

I'll repeat for your sake. To understand the "mind set" of the individuals who are participants /recruits to ISIS; requires the application of the insightful procedures found in Psychiatry -nothing more and nothing less.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 14:16 ----------

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 14:22 ----------

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 14:27 ----------

Managed to post it 3 times ! I apologise . Didn't mean to . My anally retentive hand had a mind of its own !!

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 14:28 ----------

post after post and Apart from saying they're pathological and they need to see a psychiatrist you've offered absolutely nothing into the insight of an isis recruits mindset :suspect:why bother?

sighning off with a word of advice ,go away and stop wasting peoples time and acting like a silly little egocentric school teacher.

and the chill pill ,yours comes with a jar of vasiline:D

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 15:53 ----------

Religion is the problem, so best route to de-radicalising is to remove religion from the equation...encourage them to ditch their medieval faith and join the modern godless secular society.

the problem is they don't see themselves as British Muslims...But Muslims living in Britain!

these people consider the "Ummah" a priority over their country. This is culturally at odds with British culture. It is not difficult to pursuade them to fight abroad because the brain washing already took place in their pre-school years. Recruiting them is easy, and as their 'communities' are so insular and regressive, there are plenty of them unemployed with nothing better to do.

For what it's worth I suspect that any immigrant population carries their cultural and religious backgrounds with them into their new country, this is the weight of the culture's collective experience, and has a massive unconscious presence in these kids. The arrogance of people like petemcewan and the left is that they apparently believe western liberal democracy will automatically supplant this belief-set, as though culture is primarily intellectual and a choice, and western values are 'universal'. The result is actually a massive culture clash operating within the individual (especially the youngsters) and radicalisation is one possible way to express this inner conflict. cultural ntegration with a host country takes time, a lot of time, and the high levels of immigration over the past 15 years has also meant immigrant communities remain relatively unintegrated, causing the conflict within young people to be even more powerful.

l

Edited by johncocker

Two people believe in God.

Person A believes God is all loving so lives their life in loving way, ignoring all that is violent in the bible or Koran. But they still believe they are following the will of God.

Person B believes God is hateful, violent and vengeful, caring and loving, so lives their life in a hateful, violent and vengeful caring and loving way. They believe they are following the will of God.

If persons B's belief in God means they have mental health issues then surely persons A's belief in God must mean they also have mental health issues.

Any person who believes in god must be of limited mental capacity. There is no evidence whatsoever in the existence of god. Therefore anyone who has "faith" has a mental capacity deficiency.

I apologise for the repeat postings. I don't know how I managed it. It occurred as a consequence of attempting to edit my original.But you sophisticated ones would have twigged that. It wasn't intentional.

Back on topic, please.

Afaik mods are not allowed to moderate threads they have posted on, you have made a post on this thread (post 9 ) and now you are moderating on it. :huh:

In that case I will request that you get back on topic.

Drop God from the equation for a while.

An individual who is attracted to and has a desire to carry out acts of :brutality,unusual cruelty ,torture and murder is hardly in a good state of mind.

Are home grown potential terrorists simply misguided-under the influence of others - and alienated ? A jolly good Deradicalising and being persuaded of the error of their ways, is that all that is needed ?

IMO the attraction to ISIS is symptomatic of a deep and thorough going derangement. A derangement that is beyond the reach of social engineering or therapy . :

I feel the same way about people who microwave kittens, torture children or beat up pensioners. Something is "missing" from their psyche.

Can someone who will cut the paws off a kitten or beat a frail old aged pensioner to death ever be capable of regaining that, for want of a better, non-religious word, bit of soul they have lost?

I feel the same way about people who microwave kittens, torture children or beat up pensioners. Something is "missing" from their psyche.

Can someone who will cut the paws off a kitten or beat a frail old aged pensioner to death ever be capable of regaining that, for want of a better, non-religious word, bit of soul they have lost?

Personally I think not.

But you could argue the same about anybody who wanted to join the army.

Probably you but not most people.

The army's job is to protect the state and keep the peace not go around chopping peoples heads off or wearing suicide jackets.

Probably you but not most people.

Have you asked most people?

You seem a bit angry. Is everything okay at home?