DIY Raw dog food

Hi,

I raw feed my two dogs on nutriment, they love it but it's very expensive. I'm looking into making my own and was wondering if there is anywhere where I can source the meat (minced chicken carcasses and offal etc) and veg? There's a farm shop near Bradford that does pet mince but that's a bit too far to travel.

Thanks

David

Hi,

I raw feed my two dogs on nutriment, they love it but it's very expensive. I'm looking into making my own and was wondering if there is anywhere where I can source the meat (minced chicken carcasses and offal etc) and veg? There's a farm shop near Bradford that does pet mince but that's a bit too far to travel.

Thanks

David

The real pet grub pet shop at Hilsborough is really good, a massive variety of food and I think that you will find it much cheaper as well, we get it for our ferrets when we can get over, fresh and well worth the money.

Natures menu 450g blocks 75p each delivered.

Beef, chicken, tripe, etc etc.

Or

Freeflow frozen chicken mince £3.95 2Kg

Plus chunks. poultry necks etc.

Another vote for Real Pet Grub at Hillsborough. I have a Staffy so she eats quite a lot and it costs me £17 to feed her for a month.

There is also a shop on Langsett Road at Hillsborough called Better4Pets. They have the advantage of a website with products displayed and priced - see here.

Nutriment is an excellent product and all the work has been done for you in terms of supplying the correct nutrition for your dogs. If you haven't already done so, it would be best to learn a bit about raw food nutrition and about getting the quantities right. The staff at either of these shops will be able to advise on how to give a balanced diet.

Edited by ccit

They do frozen blocks of pet mince in crystal peaks market (I think the shop is called the chicken shack). Not sure if he does offal or carcasses though :-)

The real pet grub pet shop at Hilsborough is really good, a massive variety of food and I think that you will find it much cheaper as well, we get it for our ferrets when we can get over, fresh and well worth the money.

Where abouts is the shop please.

It's on Holme Lane immediately behind Towsure. There is plenty of parking. They have a Facebook page.

It's on Holme Lane immediately behind Towsure. There is plenty of parking. They have a Facebook page.

Cheers :):):):):):)

pet stop at stocksbridge 0114 2882390 also does frozen meat

We've recently switched to raw and have been happy with our recent order from they love it

---------- Post added 04-07-2015 at 21:01 ----------

http://www.theyloveit.co.uk/

I 1000% recommend real pet grub in hillsborough. I buy my rotties food from there and its very reasonably priced much cheaper than natures menu who I used to use until I realised the meat was very fatty. Give real pet grub a try well worth it x