Hate preacher in town centre.

Some absolute loony today in the town centre obviously made the best of the good weather by standing on a step ladder and decided to shove 'the word of god' down everyone's throat. I didn't stand along but he drew a relatively decent crowd which he probably wanted. Again, it's best not to give these types any attention, and even making this thread probably isn't helping. But when I'm just trying to shop why should I have to put up with really crass and homophobic comments. In this day and age it just shouldn't happen.

Just not nice to have really, even if it's the smallest margin of people who do it. Is there anything that can be done about it? I know freedom of speech is crucial, but isn't hate preaching just as bad.

It could be worse, we could have Russian orthodox monks...

What exactly is hate preaching about the word of God?

What, specifically, did the guy say that was hateful?

He's stood in the street. Not your front room.

Just walk on.

The people standing and listening probably wanted to hear what he was saying.

Some absolute loony today in the town centre obviously made the best of the good weather by standing on a step ladder and decided to shove 'the word of god' down everyone's throat. I didn't stand along but he drew a relatively decent crowd which he probably wanted. Again, it's best not to give these types any attention, and even making this thread probably isn't helping. But when I'm just trying to shop why should I have to put up with really crass and homophobic comments. In this day and age it just shouldn't happen.

Just not nice to have really, even if it's the smallest margin of people who do it. Is there anything that can be done about it? I know freedom of speech is crucial, but isn't hate preaching just as bad.

Argue back at him. He wont like it. How old was he. I remember during Sheffield pride one young hate preacher complaining about gay people. Till he faced some criticism from a group of goths brought him down to size.

Can you imagine the comments if the guy was a Muslim saying potentially homophobic things? I doubt it would have been such a calm thread. Perhaps we would have seen more:

- deport him

- if he doesn't like our values he can go join ISIS

- lock him up

- bloody terrorist

Your call on the situation but I would suggest the choice of action is either

- ignore

- complain to Police.

Your call on the situation but I would suggest the choice of action is either

- ignore

- complain to Police.

I think calling the police wont solve anything they will just move him on and he will still have these biggoted views same with ignoring him. He wants a debate then lets debate with him and argue back at him.

He only has one 1000 year old book as evidence.

I think calling the police wont solve anything they will just move him on and he will still have these biggoted views same with ignoring him. He wants a debate then lets debate with him and argue back at him.

He only has one 1000 year old book as evidence.

What book's that then?