2015 Ashes series

Oh well!!!!!!!! back to the drawing board, I can see Lyth being replaced by Bairstow for the next test.

Lyth doesn,t seem to have made the move up to test cricket, which could be a bonus for Yorkshire. As you say Joe i would think JB will step into his place, it, s also not nailed on for Ballance or Bell neither are consistent.

Lyth doesn,t seem to have made the move up to test cricket, which could be a bonus for Yorkshire. As you say Joe i would think JB will step into his place, it, s also not nailed on for Ballance or Bell neither are consistent.

Balance and Lyth need to go back to Yorkshire and make some runs,Bell,I'd give one more chance and if he fails he's finished,for Edgbaston I'd bring Bairstow,Rashid and Hales in,move Bell to number 3 then Root Stokes Bairstow Ali,Rashid.

Biggest test so far then. See how they react after the humiliation of the 2nd test.

Need a win that's for sure.

Great start anyway and bye bye Warner, look to have them wobbled early.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 11:44 ----------

Biggest test so far then. See how they react after the humiliation of the 2nd test.

Need a win that's for sure.

Great start anyway and bye bye Warner, look to have them wobbled early.

Get in Finn, a couple more early wickets could make a for good test. Looks an unpredictable pitch as well, great for bowling.

Get In again Finn. Great bowling! Happy days!

Edited by green_man

Whens Lyth gonna learn to leave the wide balls,his place is seriously in danger.

Whens Lyth gonna learn to leave the wide balls,his place is seriously in danger.

Yes dobby i agree swiping off a wide by Hazelwood , he could have left.

On the bright side Jimmy Anderson's swing bowling destroying the Aussies

with his best ever Ashes return of 6 -47.

England now need a few good innings from individuals to set the Aussies

a fair target.

Guest sibon

If we bat properly tomorrow, this game is ours. There is a huge crack down the middle of the wicket that will make batting on days four and five very tough. A lead of 150 will surely be enough to win the game.

If we bat properly tomorrow, this game is ours. There is a huge crack down the middle of the wicket that will make batting on days four and five very tough. A lead of 150 will surely be enough to win the game.

anderson seems to have done his bit by sticking a size ten in the block hole on a regular basis.

Would have liked to have seen a few more with the bat but it is a dodgy wicket and the Oz bowlers moved the ball well all things said and done.

These two wickets are huge. Nice to see Finn get Smith again, bring it on now! Let's tumble them and give ourselves a nice easy target to chase home!

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 16:15 ----------

What a breath of fresh hair Finn is! Get warner out here now and we are laughing. Would be humiliation if we could skittle them all out without having a lift a bat ourselves again but that said a small total to chase wouldn't hurt seeing as though Sky Sports doesn't come cheap :hihi:

Would have liked to have seen a few more with the bat but it is a dodgy wicket and the Oz bowlers moved the ball well all things said and done.

These two wickets are huge. Nice to see Finn get Smith again, bring it on now! Let's tumble them and give ourselves a nice easy target to chase home!

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 16:15 ----------

What a breath of fresh hair Finn is! Get warner out here now and we are laughing. Would be humiliation if we could skittle them all out without having a lift a bat ourselves again but that said a small total to chase wouldn't hurt seeing as though Sky Sports doesn't come cheap :hihi:

6 down & its just the pawns now.

Guest sibon

If anyone is interested, the Melbourne Age have videos of all of the wickets in their live text coverage.

Invaluable for anyone on holiday like me. South of France, Radio 4 LW and video highlights.

Lovely

Complete turn around from Lords,terrific test cricket.And Brilliant to see Finn bowl so well after his mauling in Oz,after that series he went to see non other than mitch johnson to seek his advice on how to bounce back.Well done,Anderson must be a doubt for the next test.

All over bar the shouting then :D