Disgusted With PIP Decision

@Peaches... it was a CAB advisor who noticed that the decision maker made no reference to my medical notes. So I got in touch with my GP and two consultant's secretaries and they confirmed no reports or notes were ever requested by DWP. So I called DWP and they reluctantly admitted that due to 'time constraints' they don't always request medical evidence and will sometimes only use the PIP form and assessment report to make a decision.

Edited by Nicotrod
Spelling

The CAB advisor should have told you that its ip to you yo make sure they have all of your medical notes sent with your application, its in your best interests, not dwp

---------- Post added 08-10-2015 at 21:56 ----------

Sorry about spelling it s not one of my good days

Can you imagine if all PIP claimants chased their medical professionals for reports, it would be chaos. There's no way I could just get in touch with my consultants. If DWP say they are going to obtain medical records, they should do so. My PIP decision that involved some complex and highly sensitive issues was determined by an undertrained ATOS assessor and an office monkey. That simply isn't acceptable and I don't think PIP claimants realise that their medical notes/ history may not be baring any weight.

Edited by Nicotrod

I did take all my appointment letters to my assessment and evidence of MRI's/ ultrasounds/ biopsies etc but the assessor said they weren't relevant and wouldn't take copies.

That can't be right on their part. The receptionist took a copy of my Stepdaughters prescription. I showed her SD's hospital passport and she said to show the assessor it. The assessor had a good look at it.

For my ESA application I sent them all of my medical notes that I have, meaning that I had to send them by parcel post because I've got nearly 400 pages, and I made sure to annotate them with tab stickers just so they could get to the really devastating bits, and I will continue to do similarly with every application until they ask me to send them less.

The government shouldn't go on the radio telling the Today programme and PM that if anybody is inappropriately turned down for any of these benefits it's because they didn't include enough medical data, if they didn't want LOTS of medical data, should they?

Glad to hear that it all worked in your case Jane :)