Can anybody who is around do a little experiment for me please?

Thanks to an eagle eyed forum user who came to the Helpdesk we have noticed that the display settings appear to have changed (without us doing anything) so that each forum section now only displays threads which have had posts on them for the last 100 days.

Clearly this is not what we want, but we'd like to know if this is affecting everybody or just select people, so can anybody who is able to spend an extra few seconds open a forum or subforum (not the marketplace, but anywhere else), check how many pages are visible and then scroll to the bottom of the page and check the display options, then report back what you see on this thread please?

The display options are at the bottom left of each opened forum (not on the home page) so what we'd really like to know is whether you're seeing 'from the beginning' or '100 days' and which section you're seeing it.

Thank you all :)

Do you mean in the drop down boxes? Ive checked a few and the default is 'from the beginning'?

Yes, that's what I mean. Are the results on all forum sections?

Yeah, seems to be.

---------- Post added 01-07-2015 at 12:15 ----------

There is a 'Default Thread Age Cut Off' section under Thread Display Options in Edit Options/My Control Panel, its nothing to do with that is it?

Thank you for confirming that. It shouldn't be anything to do with that unless you've changed it deliberately. The default should be to show everything from the beginning of the forum and I definitely haven't changed mine to default only show 100 days' of threads, but it's happened for some of the forum anyway.

Mine was showing as forum default but only giving me the last 100 days - i've now changed that to all and it's fixed.

Can people please check what their global setting is - ie does it show forum default and then tell us how many pages of threads are showing before they make any changes?

Moved to Sheffield Discussions where hopefully lots more people will see it and be able to tell us whether their account is affected by this.

'Last 100 days' here too. Same on Windows laptop and Android mobile (both using Chrome)

I don't know what the problem is - everything to me seems fine.

Last 100 days here too - using forum default

I get last 100 days also as default as well. Manually having to change the threads i use to from the beginning.

That leap second last night will have screwed the server's clock and system time, either that else if the server has updated its clock (UTC) via the internet time mechanism, then the server software wasn't written with leap-seconds in mind so it will have corrupted it somewhere. Nobody's put together that you're having problems with settings relating to length of time, the day after something time related happens?

Oh, and last 100 days here for me too...