Protest against Austerity Sheffield 8th July

Guest sibon
There here look out :suspect:

Where are they?

Do they have dictionaries?

Where are they?

Do they have dictionaries?

I think your just being silly now ;) get used to your benefit cuts, and a tory government for the next ten years or so :)

Guest sibon
I think your just being silly now ;) get used to your benefit cuts, and a tory government for the next ten years or so :)

I am being silly, but I also know how to use an apostrophe.:)

I'm loving my tax cut by the way. How is yours?

The Tory's won because-

1- They where the best party out of the bunch to get this countries finances back on track.

2- Tax payers are sick to death of carrying the work-shy.

And before the work-shy apologiser's come along with the usual "well its only a very small minority who do that" well I'll I tell you now that is utter crap. It is the most unmeasurable figure ever because who would ever admit to it?

So, as usual posters like you use anecdotes, and plenty of bile.

If it is an unmeasurable figure, how do you know that it is wrong?

That's the point though, why do people bang on that its only a small minority when it is unmeasurable?

Edited by Dardandec

The Tory's won because-

1- They where the best party out of the bunch to get this countries finances back on track.

They didn't fix the economy and increased our debt, they plunged many into poverty and continue to plunge more into poverty.

We have been capable of feeding our own citizens for 1000s of years, yet now foodbanks have to step in, as the social security system is failing due to the punitive sanction regime.

This is nonsense. The people who pay tax are consumers, and it includes those out of work.

Those who find themselves out of work still pay tax and receive very little in social security payments. Work shy people get sanctioned, unfortunately many people who want to work are also sanctioned.

And before the work-shy apologiser's come along with the usual "well its only a very small minority who do that" well I'll I tell you now that is utter crap. It is the most unmeasurable figure ever because who would ever admit to it?

Taxes paid by people in this country are more likely to be used to pay benefits to the wealthiest, than be used to provide very basic social security to the unemployed + the 'work shy'.

The poor didn't cause the crisis, but they are punished for it. The wealthy bankers who did cause the crisis have got richer and richer and richer and are being rewarded. If you cannot see that, then you are blind.

They didn't fix the economy and increased our debt, they plunged many into poverty and continue to plunge more into poverty.

We have been capable of feeding our own citizens for 1000s of years, yet now foodbanks have to step in, as the social security system is failing due to the punitive sanction regime.

This is nonsense. The people who pay tax are consumers, and it includes those out of work.

Those who find themselves out of work still pay tax and receive very little in social security payments. Work shy people get sanctioned, unfortunately many people who want to work are also sanctioned.

Taxes paid by people in this country are more likely to be used to pay benefits to the wealthiest, than be used to provide very basic social security to the unemployed + the 'work shy'.

The poor didn't cause the crisis, but they are punished for it. The wealthy bankers who did cause the crisis have got richer and richer and richer and are being rewarded. If you cannot see that, then you are blind.

you do come across like the script writer for a labour party political broadcast on the run up to losing the election.

The Tory's won because-

Oh and not only that 3 Labour borrowed too much money and couldnt manage the economy when Brown was PM.

The financial crisis was caused by the banks lending stupid amounts to people who couldnt afford it true. However what the left fail to take into account was these people who couldnt afford it could say no. But nope they said yes and so were also a cause of this crash.

The financial crisis was caused by the banks lending stupid amounts to people who couldnt afford it true. However what the left fail to take into account was these people who couldnt afford it could say no. But nope they said yes and so were also a cause of this crash.

You keep leaving bits of your narrative out. April I corrected you, and July I do it again.

Also lets not forget when these communists blame the banking sector for the recession it was because the banks lent to people that couldnt pay it back.

... and then packaged it up as Triple AAA rated and sold it on to other people as if it was solid, when it wasn't. It was the distortion of the finance sector when selling bad credit that created the global problem, not bad debt on its own.

----

Even more to the above, the financial crash was a market breakdown - both parties failed, creditor and consumer. Why banks ever started lending mortgages above 100% seems like madness, but then you factor in risk and the fact that sometimes the value of houses grow - the banks took on that risk also. Come 2008 and people are unable to pay it back and things start collapsing.

Not as simple as banks = bad, homeowner = good - or vica versa.

I also do not believe that a Tory government would or could have managed the situation any better. Nobody has yet to convince me of that. Wait for interest rates to rise and we'll have a whole new set of problems, and you won't be able to pin that on Gordon Brown.

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

You keep leaving bits of your narrative out. April I corrected you, and July I do it again.

----

Even more to the above, the financial crash was a market breakdown - both parties failed, creditor and consumer. Why banks ever started lending mortgages above 100% seems like madness, but then you factor in risk and the fact that sometimes the value of houses grow - the banks took on that risk also. Come 2008 and people are unable to pay it back and things start collapsing.

Not as simple as banks = bad, homeowner = good - or vica versa.

I also do not believe that a Tory government would or could have managed the situation any better. Nobody has yet to convince me of that. Wait for interest rates to rise and we'll have a whole new set of problems, and you won't be able to pin that on Gordon Brown.

Errr, yes it was actually...

Errr, yes it was actually...

Can you expland on that?

In what way are banks purely and solidly "bad"?

You reckon? In no time previous have there been starving people or a divide between rich and poor? Pull the other one.

I'm just conjuring a Hogarth picture in my mind that shows everyone in England at its affluent best ... not

There are 2 reasons we have food banks

1. As we have become more civilised, we have taken on more social responsibility and individuals have taken it on themselves to set up foodbanks

2. When I were a lad, it was cash collections to buy food for the poor. People now recognise that cash might be used to buy drugs or iphones instead of food, so people refuse to donate cash whereas foodbanks provide food directly so folks are prepared to donate