Hillsbro and orgreave.what do you think

Maybe if the miners didn't insist on calling it the Battle of Orgreave there may be a little more sympathy.

Absolute twoddle but then this version is the popular one, the one thats now accepted by everyone who dosent know or who wasnt there. The 96 were killed by their own.

well said , most of the local people saw what happened

Where's the 'like' button ?

How refreshing for someone to speak what many people know to be true.

Nice on HH.

Finally other with the same view as me. My heart goes to those that dies but if fans without tickets weren't trying to get in then none of it would have happened. No overcrowding means no dead people. In my eyes anyway

The police made mistakes but how could anyone have known what was going to happen. It's not something they should have covered up though.

Edited by jensen1378

Lots of people share this opinion but over the years weve been shouted down and called names. Apparently we are being disrespectful.

---------- Post added 01-07-2015 at 20:01 ----------

well said , most of the local people saw what happened

It was utter carnage. My aunt and my cousin were never the same again. I had nightmares for years and needed counselling for a while. I rarely comment on it much though as the memories are so awful.

Finally other with the same view as me. My heart goes to those that dies but if fans without tickets weren't trying to get in then none of it would have happened. No overcrowding means no dead people. In my eyes anyway

The police made mistakes but how could anyone have known what was going to happen. It's not something they should have covered up though.

But if too many of the fans were guided into too small an area of the ground, that part of the ground would be overcrowded, but not the fault of the fans.

But if too many of the fans were guided into too small an area of the ground, that part of the ground would be overcrowded, but not the fault of the fans.

But surely some of the fault should lie with the late, drunk ticketless fans!

But surely some of the fault should lie with the late, drunk ticketless fans!

That's the bit that annoys people; it feels that we'll have enquiry after enquiry and blame will be attributed to everyone else until those hundreds of fans who hammered away at the big gates after kick off having left the pubs at 2:57 PM simply become a footnote in the official story.

It's absolutely necessary to get 'Justice for the 96' but not without whitewashing history for political gain or for fear of offence. Sure, blame the officer who gave the order to open the gates for fear of a riot erupting outside and punish him suitably for his lies that have come to light, but I find it repulsive that no one has ever seemed to come forward and said 'Sorry, I was in that big rabble outside, it was people like me that caused the Police to be put in a situation where they made such a terrible call of judgement'.

To be honest, I'm sick to death of miners whingeing about "Justice".

Anybody would think they'd turned up a la the Vietnam protests of the 60's to attach flowers to the Cops truncheons.

They turned up for a scrap and they lost. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win.

Suck it in and get on with it. Lots of people, including me, were made redundant in the 80's but I don't recall wanting to fight with the Cops or blaming everyone in the Government at the time.

I just went out and looked for work and eventually got it.