Hillsbro and orgreave.what do you think

i am interested to know what the feeling s, are on here about the enquiry after enquiry, and the money that it has cost and we still dont seem to get any further to a final closure. could the money have been put to better use say building a hospital or helping out charities in both citys, should this go on and on each year, what do other members think?

Unfortunately, until the Police accept responsibility for both it's going to be a yearly fixture, and once they have everybody can get on with the real task of suing them.

Public services will just have to wait. :(

Liverpudlians crushed their own fans, SYP lied about how it happened. No shock, no surprise.

Miners got a pasting at Orgreve, SYP lied about it. No shock, No surprise.

The very good officers with the ranks of SYP are far too few in number. The rest from the top down are either corrupt, stupid or just plain incompetence.

It's a good question, but the truth is always important, and corruption needs to be exposed.

I will never understand how Hillsborough could have been the police's fault. Take the Liverpool fans out of the equation and there are no deaths. Take the police out of the equation and it's likely more would have died. Orgreave I don't know about as much but it's not like the miners were shrinking violets, it always seems a case of no quarter asked nor given, and it really needs to be left at that, not fought over in courts for decades after.

Personally I'm sick of hearing about Hillsborough!!

It was absolutely tragic and my heart goes out to all the victims and the victim's families, however raking over it year after year isn't going to bring anyone back or make it any easier for those who lost loved ones.

Nobody will ever know every detail of what happened, so it needs to be left alone now and just allow people to remember the victims in peace on each anniversary.

I will never understand how Hillsborough could have been the police's fault. Take the Liverpool fans out of the equation and there are no deaths. Take the police out of the equation and it's likely more would have died. Orgreave I don't know about as much but.....

You should try reading the evidence with an open mind. It was action and then inaction by the police that directly led to the deaths. Take the police out of the equation and the 96 would still be here.

You should try reading the evidence with an open mind. It was action and then inaction by the police that directly led to the deaths. Take the police out of the equation and the 96 would still be here.

Absolute twoddle but then this version is the popular one, the one thats now accepted by everyone who dosent know or who wasnt there. The 96 were killed by their own.

Absolute twoddle but then this version is the popular one, the one thats now accepted by everyone who dosent know or who wasnt there. The 96 were killed by their own.

True, and not one of them has offered any apology.

I will never understand how Hillsborough could have been the police's fault. Take the Liverpool fans out of the equation and there are no deaths. Take the police out of the equation and it's likely more would have died. Orgreave I don't know about as much but it's not like the miners were shrinking violets, it always seems a case of no quarter asked nor given, and it really needs to be left at that, not fought over in courts for decades after.

Here,here.

Where's the 'like' button ?

How refreshing for someone to speak what many people know to be true.

Nice on HH.

I'd much rather the time and money was spent getting truth about the Hillsborough disaster then banging on about Ogreave again.

Ogreave was a dust-up between some angry miners and the police, neither side came out smelling of roses but ultimately the damage was minimal.

96 people lost their life in Hillsborough, they had done nothing wrong, they were not there to cause trouble and the police coverup blamed the fans for the disaster, it's a total disgrace and still a stain on a very battered SYP reputation.