Extreme weather thread - Summer 2015

Its very very heavy now, I suspect we will have a storm soon

btw, if you have severe hayfever, I mean severe, then the lovely weather is not really that for sufferers.

I understand where you are coming from but unfortunately the weather will never suit all, winter is bad for people with poor circulation or arthritis etc. It will always be lovely for me when the flowers are in bloom and the dog can go swimming in the river etc.

---------- Post added 16-07-2015 at 20:17 ----------

There is an outside chance of Thunder and Lightening tonight as some conditions move up from France, same as last time except the conditions are not quite as obviously ripe for it so the storm cells will be isolated in nature and it will be a bit hit and miss - could well see some stormy weather overnight tonight though!

Another weather warning in place for today and tomorrow for heavy rain and thunder.

I'm working until 2am tomorrow so hope to see a storm! :)

Hope the storm doesn't hit during the night I want sleep.

I'm not certain we'll see much lightning up here since it is quite cool and the storm so far is losing energy as it is crossing the channel. It is however very slow moving and we could be in for some pretty serious rainfall totals over the next 36 hours.

There's already early reports of flash flooding on the SE Coast and the ground is very dry up here. I'll even stick my neck out and say the bridge at Upwell St might well be unpassable at some point :hihi:

I'm not certain we'll see much lightning up here since it is quite cool and the storm so far is losing energy as it is crossing the channel. It is however very slow moving and we could be in for some pretty serious rainfall totals over the next 36 hours.

There's already early reports of flash flooding on the SE Coast and the ground is very dry up here. I'll even stick my neck out and say the bridge at Upwell St might well be unpassable at some point :hihi:

That's a shame, I was hoping for a decent storm. I know your reports though are usually spot on.

I work near Upwell Street so I will keep you posted! :hihi:

I'm going camping on Monday in Lincolnshire. With some first time campers. Hope to god weather is ok then!

Twirler, do you comment on pollution, allergen issues and weather?

for many of us the heavy weather has had a big impact on hay fever, asthma, etc.

It looks like London is getting the worst of the weather at the minute

we get the snow, they get the rain.

Twirler, do you comment on pollution, allergen issues and weather?

for many of us the heavy weather has had a big impact on hay fever, asthma, etc.

I don't really know what I can add to the discussion really. I do suffer from a type of hayfever, in October time when the leaves are all falling off the trees and rotting the spores give me breathing difficulty that has at times in the last 5 years especially been bad and made me visit hospital.

People for whom the hot weather makes life uncomfortable have my sympathies, same with people whose joints hurt in the cold weather etc etc.

I love all the weather extremes we get here and although occasionally people post taking the whatsit out of my advance warnings I suppose I'm just using something I enjoy to try to help others, especially when it comes to snow etc.

Just looking out of my window now and the sky is beautiful....... bright orange.

Just thundering now in Oughtibridge..hoping it soon goes.