Extreme weather thread - Summer 2015

is this our monsoon season;)

I have got 8 very thirsty Sunflowers on the back garden that are winning at life this weekend! :hihi:

Here in Birdwell the wind has suddenly got really bad. Very dark clouds overhead and the temperature has dropped.......... looking very stormy.

Here comes the rain ............................

Thunder and lightning now.

Edited by francypants

Thundering here in S6, and quite heavy rain. Glad we got the grass cut this morning!

Strong lightening in Crookes, followed by the fire brigade on blues and two's.

Not sure what it struck tho.

Back to bright sunshine!

It's gonna be dark and dreary for a few days but by the looks of it on Saturday we'll have a ridge of high pressure sat over the North Sea between us and Belgium/Holland giving us temps in the mid twenties but a real active front invading from the Atlantic which will almost certainly bring us storms and heavy rain again.

We'll know more in 3-4 days but it looks like the weekend has potential.

It's gonna be dark and dreary for a few days but by the looks of it on Saturday we'll have a ridge of high pressure sat over the North Sea between us and Belgium/Holland giving us temps in the mid twenties but a real active front invading from the Atlantic which will almost certainly bring us storms and heavy rain again.

We'll know more in 3-4 days but it looks like the weekend has potential.

Ugh after what it's done to my phone line I really hope that it'll change course. Have to wait until Wed PM for BT to come out and sort out the problem the last storm caused.

Glad it's cooled down a bit as it's my grandchildren's sports day on Wednesday. Didn't want them running in that heat......... but it looks like we'll be getting showers too..... Oh well.

Friday is supposedly going to be hot, BBC Weather reports.

I,ll wait to see what twirler has to say before deciding weather to put washing out or not

I,ll wait to see what twirler has to say before deciding weather to put washing out or not

Lol, where's the LIKE button. Isn't it great, our very own personal forecaster. Keep up the good work Twirler ?