Extreme weather thread - Summer 2015

Woah momma! Its warm and sunny today!

Yey, bring it on ..... after 8 months of what I can only describe as "winter", I crave the sun's energy.

If Twirler is right, looks like I'm gonna get wet walking home from tonite after a few bevvies. As long as its good in the day tomorrow is all I ask

You're amazing Twirler! They should give you your own show on Sheffield Live or something. You'd give Paul the weatherman a run for his money!

We've had "severe" weather warnings for the last few days - biblical floods, thunder storms and golf ball sized hailstorms.

In reality nothing, we had a drop of extremely light rain for just two minutes.

We've had "severe" weather warnings for the last few days - biblical floods, thunder storms and golf ball sized hailstorms.

In reality nothing, we had a drop of extremely light rain for just two minutes.

:):):)

You've only had one from me, and I gave 2 days advance warning of a storm that produced torrential rain, hail the size of golf balls, 1,800 lightning strikes and gusting winds which damaged property and cars.

It hit Staffordshire, Cheshire, Lancashire, Derbyshire, West and North Yorkshire, Cumbria, Cleveland and Durham.

I was about 20 miles off, not bad given the Met Office had barely predicted dark clouds nevermind that.

Yesterday I said it would rain and drop the temperature, in direct conflict with the Met Office who had 10-20% chance of rain and it staying hot and humid all night. It definitely rained, I played football in it and out pitch was starting yo carry standing water.

Can't please all of the people all of the time. Eh?

:):):)

You've only had one from me, and I gave 2 days advance warning of a storm that produced torrential rain, hail the size of golf balls, 1,800 lightning strikes and gusting winds which damaged property and cars.

It hit Staffordshire, Cheshire, Lancashire, Derbyshire, West and North Yorkshire, Cumbria, Cleveland and Durham.

I was about 20 miles off, not bad given the Met Office had barely predicted dark clouds nevermind that.

Yesterday I said it would rain and drop the temperature, in direct conflict with the Met Office who had 10-20% chance of rain and it staying hot and humid all night. It definitely rained, I played football in it and out pitch was starting yo carry standing water.

Can't please all of the people all of the time. Eh?

No point trying to :)

I for one am looking forward to the thunderstorms tonight

The Met. Office forecast for Thursday day for my bit of S10 was a 10 degree drop in daytime temperature compared with Wednesday, and that a 10-20% chance of rain- spot on Met Office.

For today/tonight.

Dry until until 22.00 Friday

Then increasingly heavy showers then torrential rain from midnight until around 4.00 am Saturday

Quickly diminishing in intensity followed by lighter periods of rain until about 7.00am.

Dry but cloudier for the rest of Saturday day.

It is great to have a sizzling summer!!!

It is great to have a sizzling summer!!!

Well it's only been a few days so far after the coldest June on record, but it's a start!

The clouds earlier seemed to point towards some mid-level instability and there is a bit of thunder rumbling over Wales and Cheshire, plus LOADS in the Channel (which is on it's way up).

It's going to be the middle of the night when it hits here so many will be in bed asleep, be interesting to see if it's powerful enough to wake everyone up!

Time will tell, the conditions are there, I wouldn't like to be working outside in it!

The clouds earlier seemed to point towards some mid-level instability and there is a bit of thunder rumbling over Wales and Cheshire, plus LOADS in the Channel (which is on it's way up).

It's going to be the middle of the night when it hits here so many will be in bed asleep, be interesting to see if it's powerful enough to wake everyone up!

Time will tell, the conditions are there, I wouldn't like to be working outside in it!

I just want a boiling hot dry day tomorrow!!! So if its rains i want it all gone by 7am!

Well the thunderstorm is here by the look (and sound) of it. Hopefully this is a good un