Extreme weather thread - Summer 2015

We got nothing in Woodseats

Nothing? no weather at all?

Throw a sicki for a couple of days and enjoy the sun.

yeah, I'm sure your employees get away with that!

Just driven home after a very hot and sticky shift at the hospital - 34 degrees on my car temp gauge !

I'm not moaning - just being informative.

Edited by Daven

I love to moan when it's really cold and really hot.

But I hate it even more when it's really hot like now. I can't wait for months of cold, dark winter nights to return!

There's currently a load of rain and thunder over the far North West, but it's completely clear over us at the moment, we will almost certainly miss out on a big show (though it was raining/hail and thundery earlier).

This does however mean it will remain humid all night! I'm not too fussed as I'll be stopping up to cheer on the Women tonight vs Japan, but I feel sorry for those of you who are working tomorrow!

Edited by TheTwirler
typo

There's currently a load of rain and thunder over the far North West, but it's completely clear over us at the moment, we will almost certainly miss out on a big show (though it was raining/hail and thundery earlier).

This does however mean it will remain humid all night! I'm not too fussed as I'll be stopping up to cheer on the Women tonight vs Japan, but I feel sorry for those of you who are working tomorrow!

This is the time you were supposed to say it's going to rain (/whines).

Think I may try the cold water bottle that someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

Muggy as anything now, the beautiful weather(including last night) just a fleeting memory.

If anyone is still up, the storms have moved dramatically east and Manchester is getting a real firing with torrential rain and stormy weather. It still has a real way to go and it is unlikely, but we could get some nasty electrical storms in the middle of the night afterall.

As always I'll be up and watching that radar..

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/map/gcqzxn1e5#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1435742100&zoom=8&lon=-1.45&lat=53.38

im watching a storm in distance good electrical storm every few seconds