Extreme weather thread - Summer 2015

Almost the most ridiculous thread of the week!

It is hot, yes, for 2 or 3 days. And at that it peaks at 30. It is July, it is meant to be warmer. A bit like moaning about snow in January, what were you really expecting?

Drink a bit more water, keep your curtains closed, open windows! English are never happy. Too hot, too cold, too windy......

^^^ What he said. Aside for the elderly and sick, everyone else should man up for these three days or so.

The nesh amongst us have to deal with the cold for 6 months!

^^^ What he said. Aside for the elderly and sick, everyone else should man up for these three days or so.

The nesh amongst us have to deal with the cold for 6 months!

People are different! some moan in the winter and suffer with the blues and some moan in the summer..

I personally cannot stand it too hot! and I'm not a sun lover and the sun doesn't love me! I have red hair, covered in freckles and start to melt when the temp hits 24c!

I am however one of the most chirpiest people you'll come across on a dark winter morning :)

Can't wait for the Thunderstorm on Wednesday!

Edited by Chelle-82

I think the people saying that this is a pointless thread don't really grasp the situation.

We have an A&E at breaking point and heat forecasted which can cause heatstroke, severe sunburn and de-hydration to those who are out in it for too long. It can put extra pressure on services as a result.

There is also a danger for old and sick people, pregnant women or those who work in already hot environments. Life will be at the best very uncomfortable for some of those over the next few days.

We also know that our roads aren't built for long periods of sustained heat, nor flat felt roofing as anyone with a garage will know.

On top of this, there is an outside chance of a couple of inches of rain on Wednesday in a few hours, possibly over the evening rush hour. Hail stones and thunder/lightening also a possibility. There are people who have jobs or things to do which need to take this into account, or people who live in flood prone areas.

You might think it's scaremongering but I'd counter that by saying I've never inflated the threat of any weather event in my life and I guarantee over the winter together this forum helped people plan for journeys or care for loved ones over disruptive snowfall which wasn't forecasted on the Met Office or BBC website.

If this thread helps just one person then it's worth 1,000 people who think it's a load of rubbish.

---------- Post added 30-06-2015 at 11:18 ----------

P.S. if you see anyone leaving dogs in cars, PLEASE call the police.

It is far too hot for dogs to spend even 15-20 minutes while you pick the kids up from school.

I think the people saying that this is a pointless thread don't really grasp the situation.

We have an A&E at breaking point and heat forecasted which can cause heatstroke, severe sunburn and de-hydration to those who are out in it for too long. It can put extra pressure on services as a result.

There is also a danger for old and sick people, pregnant women or those who work in already hot environments. Life will be at the best very uncomfortable for some of those over the next few days.

We also know that our roads aren't built for long periods of sustained heat, nor flat felt roofing as anyone with a garage will know.

On top of this, there is an outside chance of a couple of inches of rain on Wednesday in a few hours, possibly over the evening rush hour. Hail stones and thunder/lightening also a possibility. There are people who have jobs or things to do which need to take this into account, or people who live in flood prone areas.

You might think it's scaremongering but I'd counter that by saying I've never inflated the threat of any weather event in my life and I guarantee over the winter together this forum helped people plan for journeys or care for loved ones over disruptive snowfall which wasn't forecasted on the Met Office or BBC website.

If this thread helps just one person then it's worth 1,000 people who think it's a load of rubbish.

It is far too hot for dogs to spend even 15-20 minutes while you pick the kids up from school.

And don't walk them on Asphalt or concrete!

best get busy then posting up threads about every situation - after all everything we experience is a hazard to someone

See you in a couple of years when you've finished posting

Ho ho, I'm camping tomorrow. Best pack the big hex rainfly then!

Drink a bit more water, keep your curtains closed, open windows! English are never happy. Too hot, too cold, too windy......

You shouldn't open windows to keep it cool inside during a heatwave. You want to keep them closed along with the blinds/curtains.

I for one appreciate your weather related posts, Twirler. Keep up the good work!

I for one appreciate your weather related posts, Twirler. Keep up the good work!

Hear, Hear. :thumbsup:

Me too :thumbsup:

I plan on sitting in my pants later with a cider lolly and pretending its 1976 and I'm at the lido at Millhouses :D

Me too :)

It's a very useful post indeed Twirler

People are different! some moan in the winter and suffer with the blues and some moan in the summer..

I personally cannot stand it too hot! and I'm not a sun lover and the sun doesn't love me! I have red hair, covered in freckles and start to melt when the temp hits 24c!

I am however one of the most chirpiest people you'll come across on a dark winter morning :)

Can't wait for the Thunderstorm on Wednesday!

I'm like you, it is one of the reasons I love living in the UK, the weather in the summer doesn't get anywhere near as hot as it does in the Netherlands. But with these heat-spells becoming normal I think I have no option.

Time to move to either Scotland or Iceland!