Extreme weather thread - Summer 2015

I personally love a good long hot spell, but my dog really doesn't want either the heat or the thunder, so I feel sorry for him. We put cold, wet towels on him and let him lie in front of the fan which makes things a little more bearable for him.

The nights in our house, even with two fans going, are usually horrendous though. We get heat permeating through both neighbours walls and it's not unknown for me to go and sit in the cellar for a bit at night to cool down.

In the winter I'm crying out for the sunshine and hot weather. Now I'm crying out for icy temps. I'm a real Victor Meldrew at the moment.

I'm working in a marquee for two days straight do heavy manual work. If I don't check in on here I've probably died.

In the winter I'm crying out for the sunshine and hot weather. Now I'm crying out for icy temps. I'm a real Victor Meldrew at the moment.

Lol same here.

Sleeping when hot is a nightmare >.<

For anyone who finds it difficult sleeping at night in the hot weather, I do what an ex army friend who had served in many hot countries did, get two hot water bottles and fill them with cold water and put them in your bed, it sounds a bit strange but I have done this when it has been hot weather and it has worked for me, giving me some relief from the heat.

Almost the most ridiculous thread of the week!

It is hot, yes, for 2 or 3 days. And at that it peaks at 30. It is July, it is meant to be warmer. A bit like moaning about snow in January, what were you really expecting?

Drink a bit more water, keep your curtains closed, open windows! English are never happy. Too hot, too cold, too windy......

Almost the most ridiculous thread of the week!

It is hot, yes, for 2 or 3 days. And at that it peaks at 30. It is July, it is meant to be warmer. A bit like moaning about snow in January, what were you really expecting?

Drink a bit more water, keep your curtains closed, open windows! English are never happy. Too hot, too cold, too windy......

True but the water doesn't taste very nice, having the curtains closed stops the breeze coming through the open windows but with them open it's too bright so I can't sleep. And if the windows are open then it's to noisy with the early morning risers, but with them shut it gets really hot and stuffy. Using fans in the house creates air flow, but in the bedroom with th fans on I wake in the morning to find my neck and shoulders have seized, that's if the noise of them whirring away doesn't keep me awake anyway... :P

I personally love a good long hot spell, but my dog really doesn't want either the heat or the thunder, so I feel sorry for him. We put cold, wet towels on him and let him lie in front of the fan which makes things a little more bearable for him.

The nights in our house, even with two fans going, are usually horrendous though. We get heat permeating through both neighbours walls and it's not unknown for me to go and sit in the cellar for a bit at night to cool down.

I dare you to spend the night in your attic! :hihi:

Spare a thought for those working the night shift = trying yo sleep at the hottest part of the day, can't open windows because everyone else is out in their gardens mowing the lawn and generally making a noise:rant:

Extreme hot weather can be more deadly than an extended cold spell, it is thought that the 2003 European heatwave killed more than 70 thousand people.
Extreme ?? up to 30 degrees he said ?? Not the 45 deg plus of the Med

Extreme ?? up to 30 degrees he said ?? Not the 45 deg plus of the Med

Hot enough for the elderly and sick to dehydrate.

Spare a thought for those working the night shift = trying yo sleep at the hottest part of the day, can't open windows because everyone else is out in their gardens mowing the lawn and generally making a noise:rant:

My mum used to work nights Daven.. She swore by ear plugs! :thumbsup: