Extreme weather thread - Summer 2015

Hey all.

I was going to post on the megathread that I had started but it would be a double post as it kinda died a death.

I did on there however say the pointers were to there being some very warm weather this Summer back in April and it looks like we are starting to see the first of it.

Tomorrow and Wednesday will see a steady build up of temperatures and here in Sheffield we could reach up to 30c in urban areas, with night time temps staying above 15c and more likely at 20c - it is NOT going to be nice to try to sleep in.

There are some warnings out already for thunderstorms on Wednesday and we are right in the thick of it - around 3pm - 6pm on Wednesday we could start with thunder, torrential downpours, hail etc. It will bring some relief as Thursday is a little cooler but by Friday expect the temperatures to be oppressive again.

I'm working full days tomorrow and Weds but as ever I'll keep an eye out and update when I can.

the temps are great unless you have an health condition or don't like it hot. its always nice to hear your weather forecasts :)

Edited by dangerousedd
typo

the temps are great unless you have an health condition or don't like it hot. its always nice to hear you weather forecasts :)

Extreme hot weather can be more deadly than an extended cold spell, it is thought that the 2003 European heatwave killed more than 70 thousand people.

The forecast for Wednesday in my neck of the woods is for 32°C and a very high pollen count. Oh good :| .

the temps are great unless you have an health condition or don't like it hot. its always nice to hear you weather forecasts :)

Asthma + High Pollen Counts + Heat = not a good day for me.

The hotter the better..........love the sunshine!!! :clap:

The hot weather is great unless you have to work in a stuffy and overheated building with very little ventilation like I do :mad:

The hot weather is great unless you have to work in a stuffy and overheated building with very little ventilation like I do :mad:

Its only for a few months then back to the cold wet weather!

Throw a sicki for a couple of days and enjoy the sun.

Extreme hot weather can be more deadly than an extended cold spell, it is thought that the 2003 European heatwave killed more than 70 thousand people.

I know it can be bad for some people, but some others enjoy the hot weather. its not like I have my hand on the thermostat or anything :)

Asthma + High Pollen Counts + Heat = not a good day for me.

Oh God yes... I'm dreading the next few days. :gag:

It's not the hot days...... I can cope with that.

It's trying to sleep at night ................ :help: