19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win

• Nibali
    • Quintana
    • Contador
    • Froome
    • Someone else

went too early, too far out.

I know Quintana isn't a flat man, but I was mightily disappointed with nibali. Me thinks a disaster tour is looming for Astana, going on what has already happened

Yes and "these type of teams" - in almost any sport - as in highly strung and obviously under stress tend to explode and implode very spectacularly when it goes off the rails.

Boardman pointed out that his team were no where to be seen when he was in difficulties.

Has Uran sneaked into contention under the radar?

Fantastic stage yesterday, those that put the effort in to stay near the front got their rewards, so I'm surprised that Nibali was caught out, considering he's seen as versatile rider. Very disappointing for Cavendish, who just went too early.

I think that it's best that we don't talk about today's stage until people have had a chance to come home and see the highlights.

Has Uran sneaked into contention under the radar?

Wasn't he one of Bradley Wiggin's climbing domestiques who had to pull out early doors ? So not *exactly* under the radar.

edit - just had a looksie.

Silver in the olympics 2012, stages wins etc so defo a credible outsider - depends on team quick step and how they play it maybe?

Edited by sharpend

Wasn't he one of Bradley Wiggin's climbing domestiques who had to pull out early doors ? So not *exactly* under the radar.

edit - just had a looksie.

Silver in the olympics 2012, stages wins etc so defo a credible outsider - depends on team quick step and how they play it maybe?

I was talking along the lines that all the attention being on the big four, and Uran finished ahead of all four of them yesterday.

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 15:11 ----------

Major major drama. I'll not spoil it for the people who are at work and want to see the highlights. Serious controversy though.

Just voted for Contador.

Bertie always seems to have that *little* extra .1% when it really matters.

Maybe Froome has a stronger team - which Contador can profit from - Like Van Garderen did in the Dauphine.

Quintana for KoM unless his time trial has improved spectacularly - which we will find out on saturday...

*my bold

..................but not today.

Bertie went shoulder to shoulder with Froome on Mur de Huy at the front . . . . . . for about 20 yards and he couldn't hold him. 18 seconds slipped away. A big marker down for Froome. Quintana and Nibali took him too. Perhaps the double is too much? Too early to tell imo.

Chapeau Spartacus! Massive respect to Cancellara who managed to finish his stint in yellow with two broken vertebra!

Chapeau Spartacus! Massive respect to Cancellara who managed to finish his stint in yellow with two broken vertebra!

Does he now come into the same category of 'ard as Johnny Hoogerland and Juan Antonion Flecha did after their little spill through a barbed wire fence and into a ditch courtesy of a course car in 2011?

Does he now come into the same category of 'ard as Johnny Hoogerland and Juan Antonion Flecha did after their little spill through a barbed wire fence and into a ditch courtesy of a course car in 2011?

Or Lieuwe Westra finishing a stage with a broken pelvis and then not being able to sit on a saddle for three months once he finally arrived?

Some of these man are so tough it is scary.

*my bold

..................but not today.

Bertie went shoulder to shoulder with Froome on Mur de Huy at the front . . . . . . for about 20 yards and he couldn't hold him. 18 seconds slipped away. A big marker down for Froome. Quintana and Nibali took him too. Perhaps the double is too much? Too early to tell imo.

Yes we were a little surprised by how easy Froome was able to gap him yesterday. I don't bet but the bookies noticed this and he is right out to 15/2 what I saw. Froome evs or just a bit better.

---------- Post added 07-07-2015 at 08:08 ----------

Or Lieuwe Westra finishing a stage with a broken pelvis and then not being able to sit on a saddle for three months once he finally arrived?

Or Geraint Thomas riding with a broken pelvis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/23147621

Indeed. Remember Cadel Evans climbing one of the major Alpine climbs (I forget which one) about 4 years ago with a fractured elbow?

So far so good for Froome, I'm impressed with him so far. He's stamping his determination on the race. I just hope he can stay upright and out of trouble on the pave.

I was thinking that if he can come out of these 'flat' stages a little ahead of the others, Tinkoff, Astana, Movistar and (if TeeJay is near) BMC will have to burn their teams a little more in the mountains...

Funny bit from that was about a year after - big debate about who should wait for who after a crash involving the leaders in I think the tour of Spain.

Flecha points out that nobody waited for him previously so he felt entitled to ride. What goes around comes around...

Definitely! I also saw it as a Yellow Jersey thing as well, this maybe was his last chance to wear it, so he made sure that he was going to complete the stage.