Oktoberfest Sheffield

well obviously I've had far better beers in the Shakey than anywhere in Germany ;)

well obviously I've had far better beers in the Shakey than anywhere in Germany ;)

LOL. Maybe you should encourage the Shakey to do an Oktoberfest...? It's the kind of place where snashed glasses and spilled beer would add to the atmosphere!

Actually I fleetingly looked at an apartment near there the other day. If I had decided on it I might have become a regular :rolleyes:

Enjoyed a stein after work today. Worth popping down if you fancy a large beer with friends.

Pros:

Nice beer

Good venue

Good atmosphere

Good German music

Cons:

Pricey (2pt stein cost £11.50)

Plastic glasses

Music was too loud to have a conversation really

Food looked pricey and not too appetising (normally bierkeller food is great though)

Special event so worth paying more

Enjoyed a stein after work today. Worth popping down if you fancy a large beer with friends.

Pros:

Nice beer

Good venue

Good atmosphere

Good German music

Cons:

Pricey (2pt stein cost £11.50)

Plastic glasses

Music was too loud to have a conversation really

Food looked pricey and not too appetising (normally bierkeller food is great though)

Agree with all the pros.

Definitely pricey! £8.50 for chips and a sausage - looked like a hot dog sausage you buy in a tin from the supermarket! Music was alright, good atmosphere. Conversation would be difficult if a big group of you. Was fairly empty this afternoon, which made it pleasant!

do something for English festivals like St David's day

Quite right. And maybe we could have those famous English singers, Tom Jones and Charlotte Church. And some English valley choirs. Whilst wearing English leeks.

And you do know that "Wales" derives from the Irish for foreign?

Down with Oktoberfest, up with the English baguette!

Well I was sadly disappointed, went to a lot of trouble to get there with a friend. The venue was almost empty and when I went to the bar I understood why, the prices were ridiculous. Needless to say we didnt stay very long. The music was too loud for the size of the venue. Staff weren't really that helpful, although they looked the part. Shan't be going again. But that's only my opinion I'm sure there are lots of people who attended which thought it was a good night.