Oktoberfest Sheffield

any updates on this event

need to re-mortgage your house to go there,its very expensive,sheffield folk like value for money and I don't think this is in my opinion

need to re-mortgage your house to go there,its very expensive,sheffield folk like value for money and I don't think this is in my opinion

Well, for a ticket at £34-£40 you get 4 pints of beer, a meal and entertainment. Whilst it isn't cheap it isn't a rip off either.

You would pay £25 to get into a football match with food and drink extra - fair value for money compared with that.

What I have found is Sheffield people don't trust packages and give a sharp intake of breath when they hear the total cost in one go - even if it is the same or less they would normally spend on a night out and get a better service and experience for it.

Comparing it to Sheffield CAMRA's Steel City Beer festival (21-24 October by the way!) - there you pay say £5 to get in when a band is on, £2 for the souvenier glass if you choose to keep it, £5 on a decent size snack from a food stall and £3 a pint, that comes to £24 so could be judged better value for money, but its a different experience and staffed by volunteers...

Thinking more, Three Valleys beer Festival is billed as value for money with free admission to all venues and that saw an absolutely massive turn out.

I suppose you are right.

Edited by Andy C

It is free to walk in until Saturday when a £5 entry fee applies.

The package is just one of the offers that guarantees a place.

The one they are having in tobacco dock in London sounds better value. £60, reserved seat, food and unlimited beer. Plus it has breweries on that i have actually heard of!

Andy I think you will find that it's actually only 3 pints and food for £40 which isn't great value. Especially when it's not even proper Oktoberfest beer, they are serving 5% German lager and Oktoberfest beers tend to be at least 6%.

........ you pay say £5 to get in when a band is on, £2 for the souvenier glass if you choose to keep it, £5 on a decent size snack from a food stall and £3 a pint, that comes to £24 .

Have you missed something out as this only comes to £15.... :)

I assume Andy was working on the festival average of 4 pints a head...

Outrageous! First it's St Patrick's night and now a German festival of all things. When is Sheffield council going to get its act together and do something for English festivals like St David's day and all saints day and that.